Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top Bow Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Bow Feedback
    Posted: 10 Mar. 2014 at 4:26pm
I'll second that emotion.  I figure I can help get them back in action - A couple of hours AFTER I buy a complete package from another vendor Topbows will be open for business - never fails!!! 
T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2014 at 12:46pm
Sorry for the excitement, I replied to the thread to revive it. I've had my bows for at least two years.  We all hope production begins again.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2014 at 2:07am
Where did you get them, Topbows?????? I hope. Are they back?????????
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2014 at 1:43am
The bows for my 3B look simply mawvelous! Great product.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Walter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2012 at 5:48am
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote: If/when bow making resumes, i will post on this site, and the TopBows.com website will return to active status :)

Very good news, I hope to have soon a set of the famous topbows from Lowenuf.
Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:44am
PM Sent.
Okay PM not sent, your inbox is full.

Anyways I will need a set of top bow's for my 46, but curious about cost's.  No rush here.
Thanks
Aaron

Edited by Jeeper71 - 21 July 2012 at 4:46am

Restores Coleman Gas Lanterns and Stoves.
Windmill/well pump hobbiest. (Heller Aller, Aermotor).

1946 CJ2A, basket case status.
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:14pm
will do christophe :)  thx !!!
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

christophe Chevalet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophe Chevalet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:05am
Hello Michael
I happy to know you feel better!Wink
Michael could put me on list for top bow parts?
I would like to purchase some top bows parts for my CJ2A project?
I have time is not urgent!
Thanks in advance
take care
Christophe
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 4:24pm
THAT WAS THE GOOD'OLE DAYS JEFF !! Wink

TIMES AND THINGS SURE HAVE CHANGED  Shocked
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 2:16am
That sure was a special time. I was just reading thrugh the old "Top Bows" threads and reminiscing. Remember this one:
Bow Making 101

We sure had some fun times huh ...
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
PlacerWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlacerWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

If/when bow making resumes, i will post on this site, and the TopBows.com website will return to active status :)
Excellent news and I certainly will be watching for the return.
I need a set of bows as well but I'm also in no rush......

Glad your on the mendSmile
~~~~~~~~~
Will
1947 CJ2a 111xxx
1947 CJ2a 88xxx(parts donor)
DarkMarkPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkMarkPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 3:18pm

Fantastic.  I am in absolutely no hurry.  If I can have a part that comes from a vendor or a part that comes from someone who cares enough to craft it,  I would choose the latter hands down.  Down the road a ways,  I plan to make a leather top and leather seats,  so like I said I am in no hurry. Could you point me in the right direction to find out more about any of you guys?  I would like to get to be a little more than "that guy that pops in randomly".  I know that I cheated a little bit in sneaking that into "Top Bow Feedback",  but thanks and thanks.   Mark

lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 1:46pm
not a problem mark, as soon as i am cleared for the shop, i will get some made up :)
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188

DarkMarkPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkMarkPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 1:35pm
Mike,  I too hope that your B day was a good one.  (my family has always followed a "birthday week" protocal)  I DO WANT A SET OF BOWS! I have cleared this with my wife, and I am allowed.  (I meant that to sound as child like as it did)  She loves to see me do something that I enjoy,  and enjoy the some things that I do.  On that note,  she will be offering me tutorials on the ins and outs of the whole "forum" thing.  Her brain works more that way than mine.  I suspect that I am the bumbling newbie here. I hope that you can return to doing the top bows and all of the other things that you enjoy.  (Dark)Mark(PA)
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:27pm

Mike,

Just a suggestion here:

Maybe you should let someone else pick up the production on a temporary basis for now.  I know that no one can predict the future and no one here would have predicted a heart attack or wants to see anyone go through that.  Thankfully, it sounds like you are on the road to a good and full recovery.  You have a lot of people here pulling for you that you do.  I only make this suggestion as a member her on the page because I see a group of people wanting to purchase bows.  I also see people willing to step in and pick up the pieces.  I don’t know how much time and money is involved in the whole process, but I know that Jeff’s original desire was to make bows available at an affordable price to fellow 2A owners.

Again, I don’t mean this as a personal shot but just sharing my thoughts.

Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 9:48pm
i really dont want to "get out of making" them....i really enjoy it.....
and i have all along planned to use it as a "fill-in" for when i retire, which is next October, if a medical doesn't happen before......

i will know this Ocotber if i get a year jump on the process...

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188

hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 8:49pm
 HEY MIKE :::

IF YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF MAKING TOP BOWS I WOULD BE VERY INTRESTED IN PURCHASING THE DIES..AND OF COURSE WOULD NEED YOUR  & JERRYS EXPERTISE IN THE MAKINGS OF THEM..

LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF TIME ON MY SIDE AND BESIDES THE GIRLFRIEND NEEDS SOMETHING TO DO WHILE I AM GONE..
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 8:24pm
Thanks for the interest, and the words.... and the "help" sam :)

I am doing better day by day......

I am currently on light duty at the Fire station for 8 weeks with heavy restrictions, i see my cardiologist again on August 1.....

It will be October the earliest b4 I know if i will ever return to full duty, so, until i reach that point, bow making is out of the question due to the lifting restrictions that i am under....

I have product to make a few sets of bows, but like i said, i am afraid it will be winter before i am able to, at the earliest i think.....

If/when bow making resumes, i will post on this site, and the TopBows.com website will return to active status :)

Mike
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>