Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Spring Willys Reunion May 20-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Spring Willys Reunion May 20-21
    Posted: 19 Dec. 2015 at 8:10pm
We've listened to your requests to move back more to the Midwest, so mark your calendars for the Spring Willys Reunion to be held at a new location in Effingham, Illinois.

Announcing the 2016 Spring Willys Reunion May 20-21 at the Holiday Inn

The preliminary info is now on the website but won't have actual registration info until after the New Year.

If you call the hotel and ask for a reservation, they will tell you that the hotel is booked. As are a few others in the general area due to s sporting event.

You need to say you are with the Willys Reunion. The code is WJR. Again, the hotel is booked except for the reunion.

We have plenty of rooms blocked out. You have to make your reservation before April 19 or the reserved rooms will be released and you may not get a room.

We highly encourage those  that can share a room to get with your friends to reserve a room together so we can get as many in the Holiday Inn as possible.

Keep check http://willysreunion.com/swr16.htm for more information after the New Year.

Edited by willysreunion - 19 Dec. 2015 at 8:17pm
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2015 at 9:33pm
Hi All,

The hotel is also full for Thursday except for the Willys Reunion. We have a block of 20 rooms for Thursday. If you are coming in Thursday, it would be good for us if you would make your reservation early. I doubt we will need 20 rooms for that night but if you will book early, it will give me a heads up as to whether or not I need to plan for an overflow.

Again, room for everybody Friday and Satuday night so long as you book by April 19.

Thanks!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2015 at 10:46pm
We also changed the name of the facebook page to reflect the removal of "midwest" from the name.

Here is the new link to the facebook page.

Willys Reunion Facebook Page
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2015 at 12:13am
That is great news! I knew that by buying this poster and having it framed was a great idea! Now I have a VERY rare limited edition item that will command big money some day!
And more important it will be a shorter drive.
Now fellas, we need to figure out how we are going to take down that rocket ride and get it home to be restored!LOL
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2015 at 12:21am
You should bring that with you and have Kevin certify its authenticity. That being said. I have the very first copy
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2015 at 5:39pm
Room bookedThumbs Up .......no reservation problems, courteous staff. BUT DON'T WAIT AROUND!!

They will go fast when people start booking.

Edited by rocnroll - 22 Dec. 2015 at 6:22pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2015 at 6:58pm
I also have a very limited 1st edition , still rolled in its cardboard tube. That I possibly would trade for a Complete, rebuilt Monarch governor for a cj2a. There would also have to be $$ along with to justify my release of such a RARE Specimen.   Sotheby's , you hearing this?   Kev.   
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2015 at 7:03pm
I'm going to have Kevin sign the back of mine at the reunion.  That way in 20 years when the repops start coming out, mine will still be worth millions .... cha .... ching!Cool
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

crazydima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazydima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2015 at 8:22pm
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 4:24pm
Reservation made this morning and no problems when mentioning the Willys Jeep Reunion. When I gave my name he even brought up my IHG Rewards information without me even mentioning it. Thumbs Up
Stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns this year.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 6:07pm
Got our Room Reservations for Thursday,Fri.And Sat. Still have to Reg. With the Reunion . Looking forward to seeing you all. Kevin
Pat T. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 11:06pm
I also got my room for Friday and Saturday night and need to register for the reunion

Pat
Chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2016 at 12:08am
Got our reservations for Thursday-Sunday!  Hope to have a Jeep to bring!
And planning on Jeeps in Jan.
 Chief
willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2016 at 5:58pm

Edited by willysreunion - 29 Feb. 2016 at 2:58pm
Art C

willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb. 2016 at 2:56pm
Registration in both a "Downloadable Form" that you can mail in with a check or "Online Registration" with a credit card is now set up on the webpage for the Spring Reunion.

Edited by willysreunion - 29 Feb. 2016 at 2:58pm
Art C

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2016 at 4:10pm
Hi all

A quick update:  looks like the turnout this year will be larger than previous years.  The Holiday Inn is completely booked out for Friday night.  The reunion has rooms blocked out at the Country Inn and Suites and the Kaiser/Frazer group has rooms blocked out at the Baymont Inn  both of these hotels are right next to the lot where the jeeps will be so there is no disadvantage staying at one of these two hotels.  Here is a video of the hotels.  If you stop the video at 33 seconds, you can see where the Baymont (left), and the Country Inn (right), are located in relationship to the lot where the vehicles will be.

When you make your reservation, let them know that you are with the Willys Jeep Reunion.  

Sharing rooms:  Whether or not you have already made a reservation, If you are traveling alone and you are interested in sharing a room with someone to save cost, you can email me:

jpet@willysreunion.com

I will share the list of friends who don't have a reservation with the friends who already have a two bed reservation and they can make the connection.

If anyone has a problem getting a room reservation, please email me asap and I will make sure you have a room.  I wouldn't dally though.  I'd make a reservation ... like today.

At your service

jpet
_(O|||||||O)_

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2016 at 4:40pm
... i meant to add that there is also camping:

Its pretty close the the reunion.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

birddog7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2016 at 6:53pm
Got room reserved Thursday , Friday . Have to leave Saturday afternoon. Have to sign up for the reunion. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Birddog
1945 CJ2A
1956 CJ3B
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1946 Bantam Trailer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>