Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another One??!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another One??!!
    Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 4:02am
  I got a call from a guy this evening, someone told him I would be the guy to callConfused -- Seems his Ford Ranger has given up the ghostDead, he needs money to buy a driver, has to sell his '48 Jeep.Cry Would I be interested? Welll, yah!Big smile So I went and looked at it, now I'm the owner of a lefty. More info and some pic's when I get it home.Approve   BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

. . .  Would I be interested? Welll, yah!Big smile  . . .   BW 

LOL

Congratulations on an addition to the family!
WorkInProgress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorkInProgress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 4:24am
what no pics?
My toys
1948 CJ2A
1959 CJ5
1952 M100 TRAILER
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 5:38am
Congratulations! Or is it my condolences? LOL
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 6:10am
"  More info and some pic's when I get it home.Approve  "
  It was just almost dark when I got there to look at it ( "to look at it". who do I think I'm kidding?)
  Didn't someone tell me, a long time ago, not to look at a car in the dark?ConfusedEmbarrassedLOL   BW

swmoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swmoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 12:14pm
Bummer on the circumstances of the guy having to sell his Jeep.  Anxiously waiting to see pictures!
1947 CJ2a #155307
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 12:34pm
Gotta love that Jeep Disease. They're just a little Jeep. They won't harm you. They do put a big hole in your wallet. You will be well known at the parts store. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 10:21pm
"Just empty every pocket"   hehe
   Why should you be any better off than the rest of us junkies Bruce!!
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by binthere binthere wrote:

hehe
   Why should you be any better off than the rest of us junkies Bruce!!

I've already got a slat MB, a GPW, three 47's and a 48, and a CJ3B. Not to mention Tiny's 47 and 48. And realdeal's 49 is in my shop. Now a lefty. About the only flatfenders I don't have is a column shift, a CJ3A, and an M38.     BW

Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 11:37pm
Well you have to get a Column shift model soon then Bruce...its the gran daddy model to haveLOL 
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 11:49pm
Bruce, I'm appalled! You left out Jeep pickups, wagons, and Jeepsters. Get with it! Get all of them! Oilly
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2015 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Adrian Adrian wrote:

Well you have to get a Column shift model soon then Bruce...its the gran daddy model to haveLOL 
  Ya don't happen to know where I could find one, do ya?  Confused AAAaaaa......
I promised some pic's, so here are a few.
  I stopped by the guy's house to tell him I'd be over on Sunday with my trailer to get it. He pointed at the towbar and said, "Why don't you just take it with you now?"   Embarrassed  Duuhhh.
  I don't think Pluto (the Cherokee) was happy to be subjected to this kind of work, and I don't think Lefty (yes, every vehicle has a name. Blame my sisters and my daughterSmile) was happy about following a Cherokee.
  Of course, it's got an F-Head in it, with the ubiquitous hole in the hood.Cry  I guess I could live with the F-Head, but I think I've got an L-Head that I could put in. Anybody need an F-Head?
  First thing I did was pull the top off, I think it helped a lot. Also removed that whatever-it-was that Bubba had put on over the air intake to try to hide it. Me, I think it looks better with the air horn sticking up out of the hole with nothing to try to hide it.
  I had it running, but it was VERY rich, I had to disconnect the electric fuel pump to get it to run better. Every time I re-connect the pump, it runs a full stream out of the bowl vent tube and down the carb throat. Looks like carb OH time, and re-install a mechanical fuel pump.
   More to come.   Bruce

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2015 at 10:36am
And------------you got a winch. Koenig? Body looks pretty good to me.  You never know what will turn up next. The engine is a spare for your 3B or M38A1 when you find that model also. It was awfully nice of Willys Overland to make different models for us huh? John
MarkB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2015 at 11:07am
Really cool Bruce. Welcome to the Lefty weirdo club. :)

Some one on here not long ago was parting out a lefty...i think the body was rusted but you might be able to get the rare bow pockets off it. Looks fine without them, just wanted to let ha know in case you want some.

Technically your XJ is a Jeep flat fender also.

Mark
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 12:26am
Well now Bruce, you could bring that F-head up to me for a spare when you come up to BC for the rally next year (2016) at my place!!   Smile  She looks fairly decent otherwise.  Good find. If your not coming, send it up with Sir John!!
 Chuck
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

And------------you got a winch. Koenig? Body looks pretty good to me.  You never know what will turn up next. The engine is a spare for your 3B or M38A1 when you find that model also. It was awfully nice of Willys Overland to make different models for us huh? John
  My very first jeep was an M38A1, a basket case with at least one basket-full missing. I thought I was getting into the Jeep World. I bought a CJ3B for parts, then decided to fix up the 3B and use the A1 for parts. That's when I entered the FlatFender World and I haven't looked back.Big smile
  Yeah, WO was really thoughtful, weren't they?Wink
  Yep, a Koenig winch, the only one I've ever seen without the "shifting" lever broken off. Thumbs Up It also has u-joints and a carrier bearing in the PTO shaft so it clears the stock exhaust. This will be going on Uncle Lynden's jeep.
  Tow-bars are starting to pile up around here. I might have to have a sale like the one I had on heaters a while back.LOL
    BW

Post Reply Post Reply