Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Jeep Meet 2015 - Event Date: 22 June 2015 - 27 June 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Black Hills Jeep Meet 2015
    Posted: 27 Nov. 2014 at 1:40pm
Early planning update. The Black Hills June run will be extended to a 6 day meet this year. It will start either the 15th or 22nd of June 2015. I really enjoyed all of you fine Jeepers last summer and wish to continue the fun. I will follow M38 Mike's schedule. It allows a weekend to get here, and at least Sunday the following weekend to get home. People will come and go as their work schedule allows. Friday night go out to eat together, and Saturday night home base potluck.  It's bring your own and pack your own lunch unless we stop at some hideaway for lunch. One day, we'll stop at the famous "Moonshine Gulch Saloon". We can sit on the "Liars Bench" on the front porch for pictures. I'm afraid I already have "Jeep Fever".  Last year I was honored by having the "Roving reporter" extend his services.  You and Bill just killed me with that fantastic video. The tallent here is superb. If you have never been on one of these driving events, you are missing what owning a Willys is really about.  Home base is the same: 12072 Crook City Road, Whitewood, SD, 57793. Google earth it. Interest in this event is already rising. I can't wait. Hope you will consider it in your future plans, John

Edited by Oilleaker1 - 25 Jan. 2015 at 2:06pm
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 5:10pm
Noted...........................
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2014 at 12:20am
Lori and I are hoping to attend.

Glen
Glen
49 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2014 at 12:23am
I look forward to it! Enjoyed your company and "twin" Jeep this fall. John
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 8:58pm
Hi John,   Looking forward to making the trip to So Dak , just not sure the cj2will be done but if everything goes alright and you don't mind I am hoping the cj7 will be done. Bruce and I hope to have the cj2 done for the fct though.
Tiny

48CJ2A
Tiny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 11:01pm
Bruce will make you drive Larry! You better get the 2A done. LOL, John
SDLars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDLars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 11:14pm
It's on my calendar!
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2014 at 1:27am
John,  We are all ready for spring and top down Jeeping.  We will be ready when you get the dates set.       Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2014 at 12:06pm
Must have your engine coming together Tom! Lars, good to hear from you. We have plenty of time to get ready. John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2014 at 1:30pm
The date for the meet will be the week of the 22nd of June.  Monday thru Saturday. We're going Jeeping. Nice touring with a few interesting trails, but not rock crawling.  We travel with mostly flat fenders up thru CJ5's. The focus is old stuff. We cruise about 40 MPH. I'm going to have some hats made and will take a roll call about that and provide more details for you as we get nearer to spring.  Hope making it longer will make it more worthwhile for you long distance guys. John
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2014 at 1:46pm
Man I wish I could go!! I love the Moonshine Gulch. It's my spot to go when I'm out there for Sturgis. My buddy lives just down the road from there and I stay with him everytime I go out. I won't have my Willys out there next year, but I would love to check yours out. I'll be out for Sturgis.

Have a great ride

Steve
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2014 at 7:43pm
John,  The calender is marked.  Put me down for a hat.  The engine should be done on Tuesday the body will take longer.  We will be ready in June. 

Mary Christmas to you and yours,  Tom 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2014 at 12:27am
Thanks for the kind remarks Steve! Tom, you have a good holiday too. If you are over, be sure and stop. John
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 5:06pm
Hey John!! I'll be there
 with my M38 "OD MULE". Never set foot in the Black Hills and am jazzed about it!!
If you get hats made sign me up for one. Rick

Edited by RICKG - 08 Jan. 2015 at 5:58pm
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 7:13pm
Green Jeeps are very welcome also! I've got 4 of those. One of my favorite colors. Got you down for a hat and participation. John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 11:41pm
Question! I'm wondering if you Jeep guys prefer a dated hat or a hat that is just Jeep marked with Black Hills on it? The current idea is a Potomic grey hat, maroon bill and a maroon W/O on the front similar to a Jeep pickup tailgate logo and Black Hills on the back.  The maroon will be close as I can get to Luzon red.  I'd like a low profile hat with a look that we all would like to wear year around. Any feedback? Thanks, John
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2015 at 1:05am
John, please put me down for 2 hats. The design sounds good.
Tiny.

48CJ2A
Tiny
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2015 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Potomic grey hat, maroon bill and a maroon W/O on the front similar to a Jeep pickup tailgate logo and Black Hills on the back.  [/QUOTE Oilleaker1 Potomic grey hat, maroon bill and a maroon W/O on the front similar to a Jeep pickup tailgate logo and Black Hills on the back.  [/QUOTE wrote:

WHAT!! NO OD??Wink Sounds good John. Dated 2015 would be c
WHAT!! NO OD??Wink Sounds good John. Dated 2015 would be cool too. Rick.
And make it 2 hats..

Edited by RICKG - 09 Jan. 2015 at 1:15am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>