Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brake upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake upgrade
    Posted: 29 Jan. 2015 at 4:52pm
Greetings,

I have been looking to upgrade the master cylinder on both my CJ2a and my Wagon. I have looked at the replacement systems from both R&P and Herm "the overdrive guy".   They both appear to be similar, but which one is the easiest to install and the most trouble free? I am keeping the standard brakes and axles on myCJ2a, but have Dana 44s in my wagon from a Scout, discs in the front and drums in the back.

Thanks for the input.
Zuma58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zuma58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2015 at 9:32pm
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/154-0704-early-jeep-disk-brake-conversion/
I am thinking of doing this disc conversion, I called around locally and the brand new parts were amazingly cheap compared to the kits that are out there. For the most part this is a bolt on conversion with a lil grinding to do on the knuckle, good article!
Steve
Long May You Run!!!
Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2015 at 2:00am
I would be curious if the other kits involve all that grinding...... not a fan of that myself.
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
 Post Reply Post Reply