Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bubba Petty Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubba Petty Again
    Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 11:34pm
We've talked about this Petty Jeep a couple time before but now that the whole folio of photos have been posted, has it ever been worked over...It has to be Bubba Petty that worked on it.
It would really take alot of rework and money to make this franken jeep interest me. Too bad.

< id=chkCpv4-60 value=280633726617 = name=coitemv4-33>
Jeep : CJ CJ2A 1946 Willys CJ2A   * Built by Richard Petty * Frame Off

'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 11:49pm
WFB, I just finished looking at that on the auction site, and was thinkin the
same thing.  The only part that appeals to me is R.P.'s autograph.  It's kinda
like Randy Jackson's  autograph on a samuri sword! LOL!  here's to Bubba Petty Beer
that one sure has made it's rounds!
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
CJ2aAl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2aAl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 12:26am

Agreed,...that sure is bubbed up! Star washer on 1 side of windshield,..bolt on the other side,..on & on. Wonder how many owners are on the title now? Geez makes feel good about my 2a bodied m38? framed Jeep! Embarrassed

1948 CJ2a #196169

1995 YJ
1997 ZJ
2001 WJ
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 12:31am
I'll drink to that Karl...BTW just noticed I stole your signature line so deleted mine. A friend had sent me an email that included that quote along with some other interesting tidbits. 
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 12:32am
I'm half tempted to ask the seller if he is the fool that paid the silly money for it at the auction kings sale....

Noteable bubba features....Weird right seat with strange loop added to it.. Looks like some 60/40 seat transplant..  PTO with nothing hooked to it..(Why leave it on there...the bumper/crossmember won't hold a gearbox anymore...) Really wonderfull modified rear crossmember and drawbar...kinda a lightened drag race version.. Super duper front tow hook mount. visible floor repairs under bedliner/rocker shutz. cracked bondo where the one dent is.

But the best mod I saw was the pop riveted on wear plates on the rear hood corners, which don't appear to contact the cowl correctly. Wow.

Anyone want a jeep like that I'll make my own bubba petty signature for the dash and give ya a killer price. Just give me a month to drag one out of the junkyard and apply the drum of bondo. Tongue
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 12:44am
Yeah something else...You know as fast as they were changing body panels during the 500 yesterday you'd think they'd have time to get the right rear floor in it. That hitch would bend right out if you ever pulled anything with it....Give me that skid plate for a few minuts and with my sledge hammer it'd be alot straighter than that.......Pitifull

Edited by westforkboyd - 22 Feb. 2011 at 12:49am
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by westforkboyd westforkboyd wrote:

Yeah something else...You know as fast as they were changing body panels during the 500 yesterday you'd think they'd have time to get the right rear floor in it. That hitch would bend right out if you ever pulled anything with it....Give me that skid plate for a few minuts and with my sledge hammer it'd be alot straighter than that.......Pitifull

Oh, but the right rear floor IS in it... directly under the flat plate floor...Check out the bottom view!

Pitiful is right! Hope the race cars get better work.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

mix4coal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mix4coal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 1:44am
Its listed a "RESTORED TO NEAR CONCOURSE CONDITION" So far from the truth. Jeep stamped tailgate wrong wheels ECT.....Too much to list.  And I was stressing on the little things that I have to change from original on my resto.Confused
'47 CJ2A # 104985
Bantam Trailer
1953 Dodge M37
1948 1 1/2-2 1/2HP IHC LB
1929 1 1/2 HP SATTLEY HIT MISS

Carpe Diem!!
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 6:56pm
$6000.00
reserve still not met...
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2011 at 12:58am
I'm glad to have such a nice photo spread to look at...I (we) have all seen this thing make the rounds, and I don't recall ever having that many photos to look through of this jeep.  All I could say while scanning the photos is wow.  If that is near concourse condition...then what the heck do you call Lew's or Gales, or many others that we know about. 

FBill...I didn't even notice that riveted spacer...thats a real nice touch!

The thing that really makes me chuckle as I look through those pictures however, is that I'm really glad I had my resto mostly complete when I came on board here on the pages!  With all the details I overlooked or just ignored in the quest to get back on the road...I might still be working on it!  You all make it fun, and in the process I've learned so much more than I thought I did.  The next one I do will be much easier because of the wealth of knowledge here...just wanted to say thanks!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
MaineJeep 46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaineJeep 46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2011 at 4:07pm
$9,700 and reserve not met... Love those front marker lights.
46 CJ2A 40,077 Rusty & Running
46 CJ2A 28,577 On Life Support
47 CJ2A Runner with Character!
Harveynailbanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harveynailbanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 2:35am
this is on auction kings again tonite (rerun)
epay auction is at 12,100.00
it would appear there is more than one sucker born that minute.

Edited by Harveynailbanger - 07 Mar. 2011 at 2:43am
if the grass is greener on the other side, try waterin your grass.
"I hope I'm half the person that my dogs think I am"
I only do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to.
46 CJ2A 71804
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 2:50am
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
R Qualls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Qualls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 1:20pm
Holy cow, I dont know anyone that would pay that price, even if it was done right! Mabe i need to start staying home and selling jeeps on e-bay, mine should bring $30.000  lol
1946 cj-2A x2, 1951 M38
1954 cj-3B converted to a MB
1955 m38a1 * NRA LIFE MEMBER *
Bamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 6:11pm
That rear bumper doesn't look all to sturdy in the picture of it on the jack. Whats up with the hole to the left of the hitch he added. Its re-listed now and its already up to 18,600. Hell if he can get that much for his I'll throw a coat of paint on mine and throw it up for 20 XD
 Post Reply Post Reply