Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chrome parking light start date?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ersatzS2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chrome parking light start date?
    Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 2:31am
My restoration project 29289 had it's parking lights replaced.  I am going to replace with stock bullet lights but wondering when the cutoff was for chrome lens surrounds versus black painted?  
Anyone know?  
autolite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 2:53am
Black door from Serial number 10001 up to 45680. Chrome door from 45681 to 97740 end of separate park light grill. This is according to the parts list.
willys jeep
ersatzS2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ersatzS2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 3:13am
Thanks, but what do you mean by 'black door?'    The lights I bought have black bodies with chrome rings, were the earlier ones the same, just painted all black?

cdn2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdn2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 3:47pm
Yes, painted all black, for your SN. What he means is the chrome rings your talking about were black painted. BTW the orig lights seem to be a bit harder to get. Lots of after market repo's though.

Some repos even the military ones have CB stampings, but the repos have different font, and are facing the wrong way. (stampings)
autolite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 4:36pm
The chrome rings I have I bought from a willys dealers back in the 90's came in the original marked Willys Overland blue and red box, NOS and are Not painted chrome, they are plated chrome. Part number on box 2 ea 643729. A rare find.
willys jeep
Old Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 6:06pm
Your parking lights should be this type.

46 CJ2A 29488, Harvest Tan, Sunset red wheels.

99 TJ.

2015 Ford Kuga Ecoboost.
cdn2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdn2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2014 at 7:00pm
BTW if your looking to upgrade to LED/Brighter bulbs for these lights, look at these ones. Cheap and really bright, not your average LED. Plus they fit the small housing.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131303679133?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
ersatzS2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ersatzS2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2014 at 8:53pm
great information guys thanks.  The lights I have are original, but have chrome ring which is in bad shape.  So I'm relieved its merely a bead-blast-prime-and-paint job, not a chroming job.  Also thanks for the link to LED; this is a great application for that since the lens is so opaque.  
 Post Reply Post Reply