Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cigar and spirit lounge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tizzyusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cigar and spirit lounge
    Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 6:59am
Well i figure we are all gentleman here.....

Dedicated to our favorite spirits, beer, wine and cigars.   Tell us your favorites!
Tizzyusmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tizzyusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 7:04am
Tonight I'm sitting at camp Pendelton in a beach canopy, have the whole beach to myself....listening to country music and smoking a great cigar.

Kuba Maduro by drew estates -

Light vanilla almond flavor wrapper
Medium body, full spice flavor on inhale- sweet aromatic taste on exhale. Sweet almond tase left.
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 1:14pm
At 16, I used to sled down a canyon gravel road at night that was 3 miles long. We smoked swisher Sweets and Crooks Cherry Cigars and drank Jack Daniels straight.  Now , at 60 I don't smoke anything and can't drink much! LOL Such is life. At least I can still drive a '48 Willys jeep like I did back then. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 2:38pm
Lets see.. Cranberry juice is my preferred beverage, and I only smoke the back tires when I am trying to drag something too heavy for my truck. (Oh yeah I forgot the obvious smoking...I always make a nice smoke cloud when scrapping out junk trucks)

Now country music is another thing..I still like that top forty country from the mid seventies, and older.  
 Charlie Pride, etc. Good stuff.

Edited by F Bill - 21 Aug. 2014 at 2:40pm
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 4:09pm
Only the best. A honey berry backwoods, and then being from the Napa valley a good glass of wine. A Cabernet blend is preferred.
Jay
Tizzyusmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tizzyusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 5:03pm
That is awesome, I think the days of doing stuff like this is dead. I remember being 16- smoking some of my dads cigars and drinking jack with 4 of my buddies. Being from the Bible Belt of The south this was you going against the grain. We all parted ways - a dentist, a lawyer and 2 doctors....I joined Marines. We still meet every year at the location. Cigars have changed but whiskey has always stayed the same.   
PapaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2014 at 10:23pm
Don't like whiskey,, 'maybe' the occasional beer if somebody 'offers me one in the summertime .   More than one though and I just want to go to sleep.   

Smoking's a bad habit I wish I could break myself of.

Tequila's a different story. I LOVE tequila is why I DON'T drink it! At all!!!

Once in another lifetime, and free tequila in Mexico (only time I was ever there)

I about got ARRESTED!!!

Climbing to the top of this

Mayan pyramid with the Mexican police hot on my trail behind me shouting and blowing whistles.

Since my trip and visit there was associated with my one and only carnival cruise I played Dumb Mississippi Hick (which wasn't at all hard to do, and they let me go free if I promised to return to the ship and not return .

It also helped that I had a carnival brochure that said you COULD climb it, walk around the temple at the top and get a. 'Breathtaking view of the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico '.

Haven't drank tequila since .,,,,and have no plans to EVER return to Mexico in case I get recognized!!!

charles

rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 2:01am
Enjoying a glass of Simply Lemonade with a shot and a half of rum and a little grenadine while listening to the Classic Music station out of Philadelphia.

Larry
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 2:34am
I enjoyed Old Charter 10 until the fools at the company decided to stop bottling it.  It was a sad day when we finished off the stash last duck seasonCry

They still make Charter 8 which is fine in a coke but its sure not 10 year.

Ive been trying a few different bourbons trying to find a replacement.  Closest thing so far is W.L. Weller reserve.

For regular old beer you can never go wrong with Miller Lite.
WillyBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 3:09am
Smoke from an oak or pecan wood fire in the backyard and straight Benjamin Pritchard's Tennessee Whiskey listening to Bonnie Raitt singing John Prine's "Angel From Montgomery".

Or, Miller Ponies and a big bag of BBQ Pork Rinds and Corndogs from the QuickStop.
1947 CJ2A #146428
1947 CJ2A #103567
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 3:37am
smoke a pipe occasionally, preferred whiskey is Woodford Reserve - not high end stuff, but I like it. I brew my own mead, and if I every win the lottery, I'll open my own meadery.
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 10:04am

Mom always prayed for hangovers for my brother and I when we were kids and she knew how to pray  so partying was limited to once or twice a year in my youth as it would take me about that long to forget.   Now for some reason I remember it better these days so 1 or 2 beers and I am done.

Don't care for cigars, Dad smoke some cheap ones and I remember sitting in school smelling like those cigars.

Found my pipe awhile back and getting ready to smoke it in my old age.  It was relaxing.   We are so ingrained about political correctness regarding smoking these days. 
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
HCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2014 at 12:27pm
If I spend too much $$ on my Jeep, I have Evan Williams Bourbon and Back Woods original cigars in my garage.
 If I have some extra dough, I'll get Markers Mark and some Macanudo Maduros before something else breaks.

I envy you guys down along the Bourbon Trail.
Dave
44 Willys MB
Daniel_Buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2014 at 12:16pm
Talisker 10, probably my favorite scotch!  I've had the 18 and a few others from talisker (as well as a bunch of other distilleries), but the 10 is my favorite.  Such a smoky flavor to it.  But it's kinda expensive, even for a 10 year.

I don't smoke, but I love the smell of cigar smoke while having some whisky.  

Edited by Daniel_Buck - 25 Aug. 2014 at 12:20pm
2a #40500
Tizzyusmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tizzyusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2014 at 5:19pm
I'm enjoying the stories and all the recommendations on whiskey and wines. Got a growing list I need to try it sounds like!
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2014 at 5:58am
I've had and enjoyed Makers Mark. The tobacco currently on my pipe is a local blend called Dawn Patrol
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
Tizzyusmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tizzyusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2014 at 9:09pm
Man o man, last night for my birthday my buddies and wife got me some new cigars and whiskey!

Had the Drew estates - acid 1400bc with a gift set of Johnny walker- we drank the blue label with them last night.   It was a match made in heaven. If you are looking for a good cigar that 1400bc is perfect! Mild body flavor with sweet tasting wrap- perfect paired with an aged scotch or dry whiskey.
FrankUSMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Tizzyusmc Tizzyusmc wrote:

That is awesome, I think the days of doing stuff like this is dead. I remember being 16- smoking some of my dads cigars and drinking jack with 4 of my buddies. Being from the Bible Belt of The south this was you going against the grain. We all parted ways - a dentist, a lawyer and 2 doctors....I joined Marines. We still meet every year at the location. Cigars have changed but whiskey has always stayed the same.   
 At least one of you turned out ok!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>