Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2a 11700 Sighted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2a 11700 Sighted
    Posted: 26 July 2015 at 5:57am
I was intrigued by a recent CL listing for a 1945 2a so I drove down to Nashville, Indian this afternoon to find out what was being offered. was curious about the condition since the owner listed it as good but his pics it looked rather rough. Following are the pics I took while visiting, as you can see from the laundry - it was a hot day and the family had just been down to the creek.

After shoving the rubber fuel line down the plastic gas can and clicking on the electric fuel pump, the engine finally fired right up once primed and actually didn’t sound too bad with no visible smoke.
I took on quite a project when I bought 11495, but I must admit that it was in a little better shape than this one though we did not put it in gear and I didn’t look at the frame since we seem to be so far apart, my offer of $1500 vs his price of $3500 with clear title.

I did locate the body tag on the fire wall but the wall, tag and a lot of other “stuff” is in rough shape., A guy might be able to check numbers if he had it in his shop.

I thought it might be fun saving another one from the scrap heap (which I hope he’ll call me if & when it comes to that) and it’s interesting that our serial numbers are so close. If nothing else I could get spare parts and perhaps have a running engine ready to go, but if anyone out feels inclined and has the pockets and a strong back please feel free. For my part we now know where another Willys 2a is hiding down in the holler.

Edited by BENSH - 26 July 2015 at 6:00am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 10:51am
Ah, another "perfectly described" craigslist ad.  Good condition...Really.  I would have laughed out loud at his $3500.  I paid 4 for M38 years 20 years ago, it was what I would have referred to as good condition.  When I checked it out, I could start and drive it, all the lights worked and it stopped for the most part.  The body had the usual issues.  My jeep was all there and correct minus the top.  I really don't understand why so many craigslist sellers believe they have some nugget worth its weight in gold.  

Edited by 52 M38 - 26 July 2015 at 11:27am
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 2:01pm
Nice looking jeep
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by harvey45 harvey45 wrote:

Nice looking jeep
Ran when parked.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 8:42pm
I've seen worse...its got a lot of good thing going in its favour.

Now they have not made these for some time now, so don't be too pickyLOLLOL

Adrian

1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 10:33pm
[QUOTE=Adrian] they have not made these for some time now

Adrian

[/QUOTE

How did you know what he said?
These guys are killing me  with some of these prices, but ya gotta have dreams.  I don’t think many would take on something like this but while being no expert, it would be hard to screw up too much so I’m not afraid to just jump in.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply