Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cj2A 91121 aka OLD SMOKY!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cj2A 91121 aka OLD SMOKY!!
    Posted: 23 May 2009 at 3:22am
Since the reunion had gotten me pumped to put a jeep together, I decided to put the motor I got from :"eric cartman" a while ago  into my purple people eater jeep. We went from this:

to This in two days.....

Here's the engine at 6 O clock tonight...

and for the number collectors and so I can find them quickly..here's the numbers on the jeep:

I'll find the axle date codes later, tranny numbers are gonna be a challenge with all the grunge there...

You might wonder why the quickie spray job...well, it is gonna have to be insured and registered soon, and I wanted the final color it is gonna be  on the paperwork....and I reallly dislike purple. Once I get this one running, it will be time to get all the column shift parts in the 45. THis jeep is practice...Wink

Edited by F Bill - 27 May 2009 at 1:09am
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Vince View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:26am
Bill, are you for hire? Clap
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Vince Vince wrote:

Bill, are you for hire? Clap

Umm. no, not until the Toyota pickup you see behind the Jeep is all completed and delivered to Texas with all the rest of the stuff in the shop and four jeeps. Big smile

Maybe in a year or so I'll start doing tub rebuilds for hire, but for now taking care of my own fleet has me booked up for a while!

And it isn't as good looking in person.. Literally all I did was blow off the dust and loose paint and spray a couple of coats of krylon.

Still, thank youfor teh vote of confidence!Smile

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 2:11pm
Bill,

Well done sir!ClapClap

I'm sure it does look better in pics than in person.  That's OK now you've got a driver.
It's good enough for now.Thumbs Up
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 3:48pm
Show off!WinkClap
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 1:08am
And now an announcement you've been waiting for..........
                91121 RUNS and DRIVES!!!!
After two days of tinkering at getting the proper bolts all in the right places, cleaning up parts and spraying them with Krylon, at approximately 5:23 PM tonight the jeep started for the first time in over 5 years.   I did have to swap the carb for one off a recently running jeep, abd the points were a wee bit crusty from sitting, but once the carb was swapped over it fired and idled smoothly.. for a minute. Then it got SMOKY.. Kinda GREYISH blue.... I decided to ignore it.. so I drove it down our dirt road to a neighbors, where the smoke almost hid the jeep. After a second trip to his house he said there was sparks coming out my exhaust.. kinda like a MOUSE NEST...and as I drove away the smoke disappeared and I could see the jeep again!  All the gears worked, second is a bit iffy to shift into without double clutching..( No surprise there) Brakes are pretty weak.. I noticed drips from the front drums, and it acts as if there are frozen wheel cylinders in the back.. but dang it, I can't stop smiling!!!!

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 1:18am
Congratulations!

I still have some work to do LOL
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 3:07am
Congrats Bill!! Clap

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:21pm
ClapClapClapClap Way to go!Thumbs Up
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 6:13pm
Well, I/m gonna have to get a different name for Old Smoky.. It doesn't smoke anymore. Still doesn't stop well, need to pick up some wheel cylinders and a hub puller, and the generator output is kinda dismal, and I need to finish the taillight and turn signal wiring. Been driving it to the neighbors for dinner once  a week, I think they like seeing the jeep in their driveway.

If you see this Eric, thanks for selling me the engine.. It is the best part of the jeep! No smoke, runs like a top!

Post Reply Post Reply