Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deleted Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleted Post
    Posted: 24 Aug. 2016 at 1:00pm
After much difficulty, yesterday I was able to post ONE picture of my '46 CJ-2A, which has since been deleted. ????? 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2016 at 2:25pm
What thread did you post in?  No post was deleted.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2016 at 3:41pm
Unless highly inappropriate, the admins wouldn't delete your photo or post.

Is it possible you built the post with your photo, previewed it, but then forgot to push the "Post Reply" button?

I have done this. Very frustrating. I don't believe the 2A Page has an Auto-Save / Draft feature.

Hawk
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2016 at 4:14pm
I've also done that very same thing....always gripes me. 

Seems I do it the most after writing a long drawn out reply of course.Approve
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2016 at 9:22pm
Yep, been there, done that, usually followed by the sound of a beer cap being popped. Ouch
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2016 at 12:30am
Me too, I sometimes use MS word and copy and paste into the forum, 'cause shiite happens

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2016 at 12:32am
Hi mictat2214

I'd be happy to help. Just send me a pm.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by rocketeer rocketeer wrote:

Yep, been there, done that, usually followed by the sound of a beer cap being popped. Ouch

...or preceeded by in my case!
Rick Estes
mictat2214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

What thread did you post in?  No post was deleted.

Pretty sure it was in the "photos" thread. In any case, could've been my goof although I thought I was able to open it and read it. BTW, don't see a " browse " button to click on nor a method of removing /changing photos before posting. I'll give it another try and thanks so much for your replies and offers. 

Edited by mictat2214 - 25 Aug. 2016 at 6:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2016 at 3:23am
No luck with posting pics.  I surrender.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2016 at 5:36am
I understand your frustration. I haven't been able to post pics for some time now even though they are already resized and down loaded on this site. Lucky to be able to respond to posts, I usually get a warning that I am not allowed to spam but they go through anyhow. Maybe it's my laptop. I started having problems when I upgraded to Windows 10.
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2016 at 12:05pm
Are you doing this over wifi or 4g?

To isolate the problem, first try creating the post without the pictures, then go back and edit the post and add the pics. If you can create the post, but the software barfs when you try to add pics, there may be something with the photo format or link. If you are not able to even create the post, there is another problem.

If push comes to shove, create the post and email me the pics. I'll add them. I'd really like to see your pics.

At your service
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 10:47am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Are you doing this over wifi or 4g?

To isolate the problem, first try creating the post without the pictures, then go back and edit the post and add the pics. If you can create the post, but the software barfs when you try to add pics, there may be something with the photo format or link. If you are not able to even create the post, there is another problem.

If push comes to shove, create the post and email me the pics. I'll add them. I'd really like to see your pics.

At your service

Hi again, jpet. I'm using an I-Mac. I tried your suggestion re: editing a post & trying to attach pics to no avail. As I mentioned, no browse button appears. Must be me as many others have attached photos. On the e-mail; obviously I'll need an e-mail address and I'll give it a try. I may try downloading them to photo bucket & then attach the link if possible. Thanks again for your help.
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 1:23pm
A little complicated but try this. Open one window to this thread and click "post reply" button above the share icon(or tweet) ,that will bring up the full reply screen. Open another window and go to" member control panel" in the top left corner, then go to "file manager" and click "new upload" ,select the picture file you want and upload it. Select the file you just uploaded and Click "download file" above the picture,this will open another window.
Now, copy the address of the picture that just came up and go back to the post reply window you have open, there is two little pictures of a tree, click on the one to the left. Paste the address in the pop up window that just came up, hit ok and you should be able to post it or preview.
I hope that helps, its much easier than I make it sound     .
I've found with some devices this is the only way I can make it work, providing it will allow the file uploader to access your files. If not,then like you said you will have do the same thing but use photo bucket to get it upload it to the web.

It doesn't help that every device seems to move the buttons around just a little

Edited by 48willys - 30 Aug. 2016 at 1:25pm
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2016 at 8:52pm

VOILA!! I believe I lost what little sanity I had with this endeavor.  For all of you " CJ " fanatics, here's to ya!!! Enjoy the slide show. And much thanx to all for their encouragement and advice.

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/mictat2214/slideshow/JEEP
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2016 at 10:51pm
I think it was right here:

My apologies. Embarrassed

I'm an incorrigible smartass.

-Les

Those are some great pictures, by the way.  Looks good in black!

Edited by LesBerg - 31 Aug. 2016 at 10:54pm
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2016 at 2:15am

Nice pics. Thx 4 sharing
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2016 at 6:23pm
To all: Thumbs Up Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>