Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual wheel adapters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual wheel adapters
    Posted: 10 Apr. 2014 at 6:33am
Since my last adventure in the sand where i proved once again that ndt's are not good sand tires (how did those Rat Patrol guys do it?), I've been thinking i would like to try dual wheel ndt's in the sand. Anyone have a set of adaptors that they would part with for less than a couple of arms and legs?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2014 at 1:43pm
Stan, I have I think three wide rims here in TX that would take a sand tire, they might do the same thing for ya for the front....
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2014 at 3:54am
Bill,
You're talking about just putting fat tires in a wide rim right? I'm not sure that's the direction i want to go, although i appreciate the offer. One of the funnest things to me at least, about running this old rig in spots where the purpose built guys run is the fact that Grampa's Jeep is the same as it came off the factory line (except for the rust). I know I've cheated a little on that with the rear locker, but i couldn't help myself.

Anyway, putting those dual wheels on would, for me, be keeping in tbe spirit of what someone back in the day might have done. Anyone can find some fat tire and bolt them on. I want to get better in the sand the way the guys in the 40's might have done it.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2014 at 4:35am
These are pretty old rims, I'll get you a pic of them so you can see what I am taling about.. I don't know what the tires on them were, old airplane tires or ???
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

uncle steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2014 at 1:53am
Let 90 % of the air out of the tires..  That's what they did in the old days.. And still do today...  I know I was there.. LOLTongue
Uncle Steve, and I hate it when people say   " boy are you lucky " WHEN in fact..The harder you work, the luckier you are
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2014 at 8:09pm
Thought I had some dual wheel adapters from Ebay, but a last second bid of $406.51  beat me out. Cry

I thought I was in there with $375.00

Oh well, the search continues. I didn't really want them that bad, but got caught up in the bidding. I guess I should be thankful  that someone else won.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Siskiwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2014 at 11:27pm
Somebody needs to reproduce these adapters, they would sell like crazy.
 Post Reply Post Reply