Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early CJ question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early CJ question
    Posted: 28 June 2016 at 8:22am
I bought an early CJ tonight.  It will be some time before I can pick it up. It has the floating rear end and square washers for the top bow storage on windshield. Would the frame tag be on the inside of frame like a MB or the outside of it? How late of a CJ could this be, if those are stock parts?

Thanks
Jay

Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 9:38am
Jay

Floating rear end, if its original means its older than mine, which is serial 14605. It was one of the first to get a Dana 41, looks like you have a 25/27? rear..... so it might even be a 1945 if you are lucky!.

Square washers went into 1946.....look at the history page and you will get all the answers and not have guys like me just guessingLOL.

Re: the frame tag location it should be on the outside of the LH frame just tucked under the top gusset, but mines on the inside and its original.....another Willys puzzle?

Well done, photos to follow I hope.

Adrian
late Tuesday.
NZ
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 1:51pm
Adrian
Thanks for the help. Here is a photo of the beauty, too bad about the F head.
Thanks
Jay

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 2:49pm
Before you trash whatever that is on the front end, check it for TMC tags.
TMC was the Transport Motor Corporation Near LODI, CA.
They were the west coast Willys distributors and had their own line of implements.
There is a Campbell films DVD featuring their farm Jeeps.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 11:58pm
Thanks, I will look for it. If theres one any idea on what it may have been used for?
Jay

Post Reply Post Reply