Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

early T-90 reverse idler shaft lockplate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caterpillarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: early T-90 reverse idler shaft lockplate
    Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 4:41am
Hello, I am rebuilding an early (45) sideshift T-90. I am looking for the correct lock plate for the cluster gear shaft and reverse idler gear shaft. My transfer case only has a small recess and wont accept the "T" looking lockplate. Where can I find the smaller rectangular looking plate? The one I took out is all bent up. It was rectangular with the small ends cut at a 45 degree angle. Would the one I need be the same as a T-84? Thanks. Caterpillarman
cj-2a # 20308
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 3:28pm
Make one, or maybe contact Novak.Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 4:36pm
 Is your transfer case meant to be behind a T-84? If it is, you may have other interference problems. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
robwkamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwkamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2016 at 2:34am
I had to reuse mine. hammer flat and use it if you can. you can probably make it out of sheet metal
 Post Reply Post Reply