Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Economy tractor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Economy tractor
    Posted: 29 July 2016 at 1:24pm
In a few weeks or months I am going to get an Economy tractor from my nephew. It has been passed down from my Dad's brother to my brother and then his son.
Anybody familiar with them? Based on the serial number I believe it is a 1955. I hardly remember it.
Thanks, rock roll! That did it!Wink Sorry. Rocnroll.

Edited by eestes1 - 03 Aug. 2016 at 11:46am
Rick Estes
Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 1:39pm
I have a 1971 Economy Tractor Power King that has been in the family since new. They are great machines that are getting harder to come by.
-Matt

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 1:44pm
Awesome! Do you have any attachments for it? I would like to find a belly mower.
Rick Estes
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 1:56pm
Don't know anything about them, but they look like a cool tractor.
If you need any manuals this is a good spot to find them, http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/forum/16-power-king-economy-tractor-forum/ .
I'm a member over there (48willys), lots of information for many brands and they may be able to help you with a mower deck over there.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 2:38pm
Great! Thanks, I knew I would find some help here.
Rick Estes
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 2:41pm
Those are very cool tractors to play with!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2016 at 11:14am
Bump
Rick Estes
Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2016 at 2:28am
Originally posted by eestes1 eestes1 wrote:

Awesome! Do you have any attachments for it? I would like to find a belly mower.

Unfortunately I do not have any attachments for it besides a snowplow. I would like to find a sickle bar setup but they are pretty scarce. Economy made almost every attachment you can think of but they are usually harder to find than the tractors themselves. I've seen quite a few belly mowers around so you shouldn't have a problem finding one. They were the most common attachment besides snowplows.      

Edited by Mhovey46 - 11 Aug. 2016 at 2:31am
-Matt

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2016 at 12:10pm
Thanks again for the reply. This tractor supposedly has three attachments, but I don't know what they are. I just know  one is not a mower. I'll post more when I know more. My nephew and I will try to get together maybe in the Fall. He's in Tennessee and I'm in Virginia.
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2016 at 12:11pm
Getting the tractor this coming weekend! My wife and I are meeting my nephew and niece for a weekend vacation in the Smokies and I'll look for a Uhaul trailer. Excited!
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2016 at 11:35pm
Bump!
Rick Estes
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 4:59am

You can use my trailer if you would like,  cheaper than U-Haul..  (free) Smile

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 12:36pm
Thanks! If I can get the date right I can rent one for $49 and I only need to haul it one way. I do appreciate the offer very much.
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2016 at 11:42am
Got it (the tractor!) but also got some serious stomach thing. More soon.

Rick Estes
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2016 at 2:34pm
Tractor looks good!   . .   hope you are feeling better soon.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2016 at 12:27pm
Well, I'm mostly back. Yesterday I drained whatever liquid was in the rear tractor tires because I didn't know if they had any antifreeze in them. The liquid looked like water- no color or odor. Since I have to park it outside, I needed to know if the liquid might freeze and I didn't know how to get antifreeze or some other liquid in them. I pumped them up with an air compressor but there is still a little liquid in them- I could hear the air bubbling in it. I don't think it's enough to hurt the tires if it freezes, assuming it will have enough room to expand.
I wonder if I should take the tractor somewhere and have the tires filled again. I have read there are several solutions that are recommended and I think it is mostly for additional weight for traction. The tires are moderately cracked but I think okay with good tubes. I would appreciate any ideas.

Rick Estes
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2016 at 12:34pm
Filling the tires does add weight for traction and stability, the sneaky part is that it's weight that the tractor does not have to carry. Did the fluid feel slippery? It may be calcium...
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2016 at 12:51pm
Not that I noticed. I know calcium chloride is one solution that's sometimes used. Thanks for the quick reply.
Rick Estes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>