Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust.
    Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 12:05am
Has anyone ever ordered a complete exhaust for their 2a? And if you have,did it fit and where is the best place to order from?
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 12:15am
Walcks kit was quality and they stand behind their stuff. They told me on my kit that they wouldn't sell it to me if they hadn't tried it out for fitment. Sounded good to me. It was fine! John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Carsandguns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carsandguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 2:10am
Just installed mine from Walcks.   Fit great but I did tweak a couple of the mounting brackets to fit more to my taste but nothing major.
robplumber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 6:43am
I just did a full exhaust I got from kaiser willys. It was perfect.
1953 cj3a modified
1947 cj2a stock and beautiful
1998 xj lifted
1999 xj stock
RDF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 8:14am
Walcks Thumbs Up
Rj
Joe J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 12:40pm
I ordered a complete system for my 1960 CJ5 from Amonzon for $110.00 with free shipping it fit great.
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 2:45pm
I'm doing a frame up restore and want to have everything installed before I place the body.My reservation is I don't want to have to fiddle with the exhaust after mounting the body.
Joe J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 3:01pm
That's what I am doing and it's so much easier to install the exhaust without the body on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 4:40pm
The only problem with doing it that way is that you won't have any hangers on it until you put the body on. You are going to have to mount the supports after all your other work is done. The only paf t of the entire install that was tough was the manifold flange on the down tube. Ridiculously tight spot. But the body did not interfere with the rest of the install
1953 cj3a modified
1998 xj lifted
1999 xj stock
Joe J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 6:13pm
On my 60 CJ 5 the only body hanger goes on the passagners side inter wheel well support bracket. The other one bolts to the rear frame cross member.
CW48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2014 at 9:11pm
Walcks has the correct exhaust clamps and hangers for the CJ-2A and CJ-3A in a set. Only the short tail pipe hanger at the end of the system needs to be fitted to the body with the body on.
Happiness is a Southbend Lathe
Brachus12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brachus12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 8:36pm
Ordered the complete set from Walcks last week. The long tube end that goes into the muffler appears to have been partially stretched so its now the same diameter as the muffler inlet. Called Walcks and he said that's just how they made them this time. Suggested either I file it to fit or stretch the inlet. May have to take the two pieces to an exhaust shop to get them to stretch it just enough. I know its supposed to be a tight fit, but the maker goofed. Couldn't get Walcks to understand that, or perhaps his entire stock is like that?

Also is there any way to hang the pipes without the authentic hanger kit from Walcks? Specifically, the bracket for the mufflet inlet?

47 CJ2A #101361 "Bugger"
42 GPW 75248
SPEN Trailer
62 M170 13758

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/brachus/Willys
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 9:41pm
Most of your chain store type parts places (AutoZone, O'rellys, ....) have free lend-a-tool exhaust expanders. Just pay them the deposit and get it back when you return the tool.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Brachus12 Brachus12 wrote:

Ordered the complete set from Walcks last week. The long tube end that goes into the muffler appears to have been partially stretched so its now the same diameter as the muffler inlet. Called Walcks and he said that's just how they made them this time. Suggested either I file it to fit or stretch the inlet. May have to take the two pieces to an exhaust shop to get them to stretch it just enough. I know its supposed to be a tight fit, but the maker goofed. Couldn't get Walcks to understand that, or perhaps his entire stock is like that?

Also is there any way to hang the pipes without the authentic hanger kit from Walcks? Specifically, the bracket for the mufflet inlet?

Here's my 2 cents.
That seems to be a pretty bad answer as to what should be done with a tail pipe that does not fit. I would be sending it back on their dime if I were you. There are plenty of other places that should have a working exhaust pipe! Check with your local auto parts store too.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 10:59pm
I bought two separate sets from kaiser (two different jeeps)
And there were 0 fitment issues.
I would call walcks back and let them make it right. Or just return it and buy somewhere else
1953 cj3a modified
1998 xj lifted
1999 xj stock
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 11:03pm
Omix Ada Yep had the same issue . Muffler was larger than the tailpipe. Had to put in a shim from a motorcycle universal muffler. All the off shore stuff is crap. It was cheap, so I got what I paid for. It came off ebay though. I would think Walcks would make it right. I'm surprised. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 11:09pm
   I just ordered a complete kit from Walck's last night. I'll let you know how it comes out.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Bountyhunter81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bountyhunter81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 12:09am
I just installed one and it wasnt an issue. It was a tight fit but it all went together just fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>