Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For the book collectors...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For the book collectors...
    Posted: 31 Aug. 2015 at 4:09pm
I found this one totally by accident while looking at some eBay stuff with my Father-in-Law. Since buying and selling used books online is something of a hobby for him I asked if he would keep a lookout for that one through one of his suppliers so we wouldn't have to pay shipping on just one book.

With that info I promptly forgot about it.... A few weeks ago I was opening a gift from him and lo and behold (what does that actually mean anyway?)Big smile here is the book and he reproduced the cover artwork and framed it since the original would be hidden on the bookshelf.

One thing we found out though is that not all editions have the spiffy looking jeep cover....this one turns out to be a '67 edition.

The book is a collection of Hemingway's works as a reporter.....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2015 at 7:59pm
That is REALLY COOL !

Does that suggest that Hemingway drove or owned a flatfender during his time as a correspondent?
Ughh. One more thing I need to collect !

I feel a small connection to EH since my great grandfather designed and built his boat, the PILAR.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2015 at 8:46pm
That's a pretty cool connection.....and not the common 'brothers sisters aunt's son in law's gardener's ex wife's father. LOL
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2015 at 9:54pm
I guess I should have used websizer, but here he is at the family shipyard trying to teach Fiorello Laguardia a thing about ships...

(Sorry to 'pirate' your thread - Arghhh)

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2015 at 3:25am
I imagine it will be a minimally used thread.....probably me and you Big smile  Give us a topic of conversation in Jeff City though....you coming?
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply