Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nelly Belle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nelly Belle
    Posted: 14 Mar. 2006 at 8:24pm

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Siblings/Nellybelle.html

it was a sad day when Roy died, he was a real TV hero and one of my favorites.  Great info on the 3B link above.  Have fun with Nellybelle, I'm jealous.

Jeff

Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2006 at 1:59pm

Hey Rick,

I'd like to see as many pics as you can post. I grew up on Roy Rogers and Gene Autry.

If I remember correctly, in TV and Movies, that thing was always driven hard.

Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Rick McDowell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick McDowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2006 at 11:32pm

Hi guys and gals,

Barring any unforseen problems at work this week, next Saturday I am getting a chance to look over Roy Roger's CJ2A Nelly Belle.  I want to check out all the numbers and get a few photos of this most famous of all CJ2A's.  So far I don't think Roy saved any of the original papers when she was new, but they find more things all the time.  The museum administrator is pretty sure Nelly Belle is a '47 2A and should be mostly original.  The extra sheet metal door panels were added for the TV show and he said they were made of some sheet metal and a few latches that held the panels in place 'most of the time'.

If any of you always wanted to know something about Nelly Belle but couldn't get close enough to find out, let me know and I will see if I can get a photo for you.  I will let you know what I find out about Pat Brady's good 'ol Nelly Belle.  Should be a great time as I really loved Roy & Dale while growing up and now I get a chance to put fingerprints on their Willys jeep.   :-)

Rick Mc, '47 CJ2A

Rick Mc
Osceola, Iowa
'47 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply