Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Life is GOOD!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by ricco79 ricco79 wrote:

I think I would have painted the rock instead of moving it!

It's ok.  This time I  have some help:

He is actually more  enthused than he looksLOL

Apparently, I can't keep up!

Looks like it's going to be another good day!Tongue

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
shakyshot View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakyshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2010 at 7:56pm
Those pictures just made my day! Big smile  Love to see the little ones helping out like that!
1947 CJ-2A #103586 "Les"
1947 Bantam T3C Hiawatha "Moore"

Hayes Family CJ-2A
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2010 at 11:05pm
Hey Jeff,
I found your next thrill ride!
I took my jeep to an old time bonfire at a farm near where I live in Colorado.  I had my scout troop there helping out.  We had about 250 folks from all around come and eat roast lamb and a 30' flat bed covered with food.  Well, out back across Boulder creek the Farmer has a field that his boys built a motocross track.  They used a dozer and did it up with whoop de do's and giant jumps.  Lots of banked turns and such. 
Well anyway, I spent the night giving folks high speed rides around the track in my 2a!  I am sure if you were there you would have had more time in the air than on the ground.
I had so much fun I never stopped and took a picture.  Every time I got back to the bonfire there was a line of folks waiting for their turn!  I sure could have used your help!
So put moving to Colorado on your to do list!
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2010 at 2:27am
Lew,

That's cool!  I wish you would have got some pix.  We have plenty of dirt bike trails around here and I'm looking into those now.  We even have a a local place here called "mud fest".  I don't think they will let you in without  ROPS though.  I'm looking into it.
Quote So put moving to Colorado on your to do list!

I day dream about the fun I had in Colorado every day.  Not necessarily the "extreme" jeeping, but mainly the beauty of the earth and it's creation.  I am a sensitive man and I love the Lord and when I think about what I saw in Colorado ... well .... I feel like I was given a gift.  I'm there right now in my mind.  I go over my pictures a couple times a week, but mainly I go through it in my mind.  The trip up to St. Elmo.  I just wish I could make time stand still for a little while...... sigh...

Anywho.... Those Aspen leaves are beautiful, but they are only one color.  I think Illinois has you beat on leaf colors.  I'll try to shoot some pix tomorrow.

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Harveynailbanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harveynailbanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2010 at 3:31am
i notice the ol man cheats and uses 2 wheels!
Wink
Rick
if the grass is greener on the other side, try waterin your grass.
"I hope I'm half the person that my dogs think I am"
I only do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to.
46 CJ2A 71804
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2010 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by samcj2a samcj2a wrote:

Nice, Jeff!  Clap

I think you left out buying a truck to tow the trailer that hauls the Jeep. Wink

Then of course buy more land to play with your 2A (or MB) on.Big smile
Nice shop Jeff!  You'll really appreciate that once the snow starts to fall. Get some heat in there and a beer fridge.

WFB
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2010 at 6:41pm
Looks good Jeff.  Glad to see you now have a man cave!LOL
No Jumping from the roof of your garage into the pool ok!Big smile
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2010 at 2:47pm
Here are some pictures of Gen'l Willys at the Halloween parade in Vandalia, IL:

If you live in Fayette County, IL you should vote for this guy. Sheriff Aaron Lay.Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpBig smile

Some of you guys have heard me say that all the flat fenders anywhere around where I live are all in one place ..... my barn..LOL.  Looks like I was wrong.

Turns out this fella lives in Vandalia 12 miles from me.  He has seen GW running around town and has been trying to locate me as well.

I did not have much time to talk to him but I have his contact information and we will be seeing more of each other.  This one he got from the fire department.  He also has a '47 project.  I'll get more details when we meet.

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2010 at 3:11pm
Jeff, the General cleans up really well.  But you need to put a photo of you and him in CO on your dash so you can smile when some one is taking your picture!! Unhappy LOL

I like your friends jeep.  The pinstriping was very nicely done.  Thumbs Up
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2010 at 3:18pm
I kept the dirt on him as long as I could.  If it were not for this parade, I would not have cleaned off my reminder of Colorado.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2010 at 3:21pm
BTW.  The vehicles behind me got to experience of what it was like to be behind me in Colorado.
LOLLOLLOLEmbarrassedLOLLOL
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2010 at 11:03pm

How many of youns remember "Jeepalac"?  This is the MB that I picked up in New York from F Bill about a year ago.  I didn't have a place to keep it so I left it at a friends house who works on cars.  Last week, I went over there to make arrangements to bring the jeep home and look what I found in his junk pile:

I said, "What are you gonna do with that?  He said oh... junk it!  Needless to say, we made a  deal.  He was happy..... and I was VERY happy!  This spen has both hub caps and the landing foot.  Actually, it looks pretty good.  I'll post more in the trailer section.

Edited by jpet - 13 Nov. 2010 at 11:03pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2010 at 11:22pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Harveynailbanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harveynailbanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2010 at 1:51am
( looking for the face w/ tongue stuck out blowin raspberries ) some guys have all the luck Wink

nice find. your buddy doesnt have junk pile in mississippi does he? just asking.

Rick
if the grass is greener on the other side, try waterin your grass.
"I hope I'm half the person that my dogs think I am"
I only do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to.
46 CJ2A 71804
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2010 at 2:11am
Actually there ain't much jeeps stuff around here or so I thought.  I've been in this about 2 1/2 years and I'm finally starting to run into a few jeep guys in the area.

I feel pretty lucky to have got this one.  Some guys (you know who you areLOL) buy a jeep for 300 bucks, strip it of all it's goodies and then sell the jeep for $600.  Usually I am the guy buying it for $600.LOL

Edit:  I'm learning though.Wink

Edited by jpet - 14 Nov. 2010 at 2:12am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2010 at 2:36am
Nice job Jeff.
It does look to be in good shape.
Glad you went when you did.  A day later and it may have been in the crusher.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2010 at 4:36am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Actually there ain't much jeeps stuff around here or so I thought.  I've been in this about 2 1/2 years and I'm finally starting to run into a few jeep guys in the area.

I feel pretty lucky to have got this one.  Some guys (you know who you areLOL) buy a jeep for 300 bucks, strip it of all it's goodies and then sell the jeep for $600.  Usually I am the guy buying it for $600.LOL

Edit:  I'm learning though.Wink

you need to stick around longer than overnight.....jerry says school is always in session for learning :)
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2010 at 3:15pm
Nice Find Jeff!
Much better that that BANTAM I had for sure.
Glad to see someone like you getting a great old SPEN out of the junk pile.
Good luck with it.
It sure looks like you are filling up your new JEEP shed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>