Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Bikini Top for a 2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 6:21pm
www.topbows.com      Lowenuf, a member here manufactures them with fixtures made by our very own jpet.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 3:24am
Hi:

I will buy one TAN bikini top for my '46 CJ-2A.   And I would buy TWO olive drab (preferably canvas) ones for my CJ-2 jeeps if that color becomes available.  Thanks!   
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Crusty Chev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crusty Chev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 3:11pm
I would take a black one in a heart beat.
CJ2EH !
Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 3:54pm
I would also be interested in a black one.
1948 CJ2A
Viasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 6:56pm
I would take a tan one.
46 CJ2A (yard decoration)

48 CJ2A

45 to 53 Jeep salad
dfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2009 at 7:52pm
If this works out for you Matt and it can all be arranged when you cross the pond I'd like one in olive drab, but if thats not going to happen all black would be great.
Derrin
1947 CJ2A #126767
Warn OD/Ramsey PTO & winch
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 4:49am
Any chance at slate gray?
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 8:11am
I appreciate all of you guys letting me know that you want but instead of taking orders this time I'm just going to make a bunch up of black, white and tan and offer them for sale. I would love to offer olive drab, slate grey,  barcelona red, ect...but I can't.

Even if I did make them myself here in Ireland like my wife wants me to it would be very expensive because of the exchange rate and how weak the dollar is. The lack of materials would mean that I'd have to have everything shipped overseas and that will run the cost up, plus return shipping..ect.

I was thinking of ordering all the materials to my house in the states and having either my mother, who has 30 years of sewing experiance and a proper sewing machine or a friend who ran the parchute shop where I used to work make them, either way they would be the same quality as the ones I made.

Looks like I'm not going to be State side till the end of Oct. so they won't be redi this summer.
Maker of the Reedkini
GaryH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 1:20pm

Trader Reed:

I can wait ...... and thanks for being open to making more.

Gary

GaryH
freekcj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freekcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by trader_reed trader_reed wrote:

Looks like I'm not going to be State side till the end of Oct. so they won't be redi this summer.

Sounds like the perfect Christmas gift then.
Put me down for a tan one and I'll let my other half know where to send the check!
Thanks!
46 CJ2A #58897 - currently dismantling for parts

47 CJ2A #260088 - the plow and yard Jeep

85 CJ7 - awaiting tub replacement

02 Grand Cherokee SE - the daily driver
ALTSWEET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALTSWEET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 3:30pm

Cant wait! I dont want to miss out this time.....I need a black and a tan one!

Edited by ALTSWEET - 27 Aug. 2009 at 1:53pm
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 11:04am
I'll take a TAN Please
or BLACK as a 2nd choice Wink

Maybe we should be running a "sticky"

Thanks, Rit

Edited by Ritt - 19 June 2009 at 11:05am
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
westforkwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 7:10pm
Guys, the quality of these tops are second to none having seen one in person on a red jeep running around the neighborhood.  Funny looking jeep had the spare on the wrong side though.  Ya know now that I think about it, it did kindda look like bubba.  LOLLOL
Matt, I kinda remember reading way back that you made one for a cj5 for Russ, so maybe if you get the sewing machine rolling again hmmmmm.  Black would be great.Wink

Jeff
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 7:12pm
Alan, did the top for the one with the strange spare have to be made differently to compensate for the opposite lean?LOL I agree, these are great tops.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 7:24pm
Sorry, I'm going to limit myself to CJ2A tops only, I did make a CJ5 top for Russ, He liked how it fit But I wasn't to happy. The problem was I didn't have a CJ5 at my shop to make sure the fit was PERFECT, it was close and looked good but not perfect.
Maker of the Reedkini
RA472A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RA472A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 6:13am
Please put me down for a black top if possible.  Thanks.
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by trader_reed trader_reed wrote:

But I wasn't to happy.

ah.........a true artist
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 3:45am
Matt,

How much are you selling these for? I would be interested as well. I don't want to miss out on this opportunity, especially gauging from all of these other users comments.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>