Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jeep "rat rods"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jeep "rat rods"
    Posted: 19 Mar. 2010 at 10:55pm
it's on ebay now as well.

Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Originally posted by Doug Timme Doug Timme wrote:

I like the hood, love the windshield and tractor seat.  very creative.
Doug

...........and best of all, you can OWN it !!!Big smile

I'll have to pass at $22K.  I am trying to figure out why he mounted the coil on the outside of the hood.  I am laughing at myself, because of all of the strange things done to that Jeep, the coil is the only one that makes me go Hmmm.LOL
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2010 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Doug Timme Doug Timme wrote:

Doug

...........and best of all, you can OWN it !!!Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2010 at 5:19am
The reason I noticed is because I've got a smaller version of it laying here on a shelf in the garage....(and taking into consideration it's a 'rat jeep' of course)Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2010 at 11:34pm

Looks like one of those winged ladies off of an old bowling trophy to me.
That was my first thought as well, is scares me sometimes how much we think alike...Big smile

Doug 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2010 at 8:27pm
Looks like one of those winged ladies off of an old bowling trophy to me.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

11acs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11acs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2010 at 6:40pm
Looks like The Spirit of Ecstasy. The Rolls hood ornament.
Victor

48 CJ2a

42 MB

45 CJ2a

IH 1210 PU

Interstate S-1a Cadet
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2010 at 1:30am
I like it.  What is that hood ornament?
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2010 at 10:19pm
Doug
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2010 at 12:35pm
Looks like a cast iron tractor seat out the back for the gunner. That drivers seat doesn't exactly look comfy either.

Larry
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2010 at 4:16am
Another one..............(tub looks somewhat familiar on this one)LOL
  P.S.
           NOT mine or anyone I know, for that matter. 

Edited by rocnroll - 02 Mar. 2010 at 4:18am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2010 at 2:45am
A 'clean' pair of white ones and just ran across some charcoal gray ones on sale when I was out Christmas shopping....(it's kinda hard to tell them from the navy ones right now but they oughta fade out good.....to something like a 'well worn' black pair)Big smile LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

randyscycle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyscycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2010 at 2:18am

Guess you stepped of in it that time.....LOL .....here's part of my collection.

Part of your collection........you mean there's more?
It isn't leaking, it's just marking its territory.
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2010 at 10:21pm
Roc,

Vintage Truck MIGHT do an article on your 2A p'up. They have been experimenting around with trucks like that a bit. Don't remember which issue, but they had a super rare Scout one of about 120 built in 1976. The owner customized the heck out of it. I thought it was a bit of a tragedy given how rare that particular Scout was, but they ran the story.

If you want, I'd be happy to talk to the editor for you. If you're interested, send me some good pictures of it, and I'll use them to plead your case. I might even be able to find a writer for ya if you don't want to do it yerself.

As for JP, a few years ago, they ran a story 'Spared from Restoration We Build a Scrambler Rock Climber.' I was done then.

Bill
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2010 at 10:10pm
Guess you stepped of in it that time.....LOL .....here's part of my collection.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyscycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by ralf ralf wrote:

kid in rolled up jeans, with Chuck Taylors, a chain driven wallet, a large portion of their body covered in tattoos and piercings, a Blackberry in hand and some of those trendy little rectangle glasses on, coupled with a 1950's greaser style pompadour.

Randy, that description fits me to a "T"---Looking forward to meeting you at the Reunion.

Oh NO!  LOL

Well, at least I'll recognize someone there.......Wink
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2010 at 8:56pm
kid in rolled up jeans, with Chuck Taylors, a chain driven wallet, a large portion of their body covered in tattoos and piercings, a Blackberry in hand and some of those trendy little rectangle glasses on, coupled with a 1950's greaser style pompadour.

Randy, that description fits me to a "T"---Looking forward to meeting you at the Reunion.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyscycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2010 at 8:43pm
 I'm sure there are some real true enthusiasts out there who truly build these rods as a hobby like folks here build Jeeps, but.......and not to paint everyone with the same broad brush.......Almost everytime I see one of these rides pull up, out steps a 20 something kid in rolled up jeans, with Chuck Taylors, a chain driven wallet, a large portion of their body covered in tattoos and piercings, a Blackberry in hand and some of those trendy little rectangle glasses on, coupled with a 1950's greaser style pompadour.  Many of them generally seem to care less about the hobby as a whole, or interacting with the other fellow hobbyists. The  heritage or lineage of the vehicle they street rodded isn't too important either, but more about how cool it looks.

Again, not everyone is like this, but having spent a lot of time at car and motorcycle shows as an organizer, spectator, and vendor, I've seen this quite a lot.

Guess I'm starting to sound like an old crotchety cuss........"This young generation these days!!!" Tongue

Edited by randyscycle - 31 Jan. 2010 at 8:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>