Wiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring
    Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:50pm
Greg:
Quote .. Problem is I cant print it... 
That's cause it's not a single page, but 24 individual image overlays, turned on/off as you select the options.

Quick workaround:  pick the "options" you want (coil, junction block, horn, etc.), then use your computers "screen snap"/"window snap" function to create a printable image.

Sean
gtracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 2:31am
WOW Sean that is a great diagram!     Problem is I cant print it. I want to print it off so I can take it to the shop. I've tried to print it at work and at home with no luck. Is there any other way you can get it to me so I can print it?
Thank-You very much!
Greg
jefisch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefisch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 7:18pm
Greg,

I just posted this - it may help.

Jim
fisch

We have met the enemy and he is us!

#53500 (aka 194738)
http://picasaweb.google.com/swampfisch
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:53pm
To get it to run, look at the diagram.  From the battery do the red wiring  to the ign. sw..  Then do the green wiring from the ign.  Then take a heavy battery cable from the pos. to the starter side of the solinoid.  after it starts take the battery cable to the starter off.
Ed
cj2a lefty
VINTAGE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VINTAGE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:07pm
Ok, I tried to hook up the wires like in the diagram but I get nothing. I have a 12 volt system with a solenoid and a security switch.  I didn't hook up everything like the lights and etc, because I have a new Jeggs wire harness that will be installed once the body gets painted. Any Ideas on how to safly wire it to run onto a trailer. I'm moving it to Pa.
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:15pm
Mike:

It's been posted a number of times, but only in the context of individual threads.  It just can't accommodate all the possible owner "upgrades".

I'll try & get it up in the FAQ later.

Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:47pm
Dang Sean, that second diagram you posted is so COOL! I have never seen that one before.
I like the parts where you can turn on or off what you are working on at the time. VERY nice!!

Thumbs Up
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:36pm
Greg, check these links:

CJ-2A Wiring diagrams

CJ-2A Wiring harness

Quote I bought it from Midwest Jeep Willys out of Illinois...
Any chance you could scan the instructions pages & send to me?  I'm trying to keep track of all the different vendors harnesses, just to have the info to answer questions like yours.

Sean
VINTAGE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VINTAGE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:16pm
Well heck i came on here to find out how to wire my 48 to start... Thanks
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 12:54pm
The diagram above that Jon posted is about as good as it gets. I would say get started by using the above diagram and at least get the main harness in. The job is intimidating at first but once you start then things seem to get easier if you pay close attention to the diagram.
Dive in and ask questions if you get stuck. Also, show pics of your progress and where your problems exist.

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
gtracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:09am
They did give me a paper that shows all the diferent parts of the harness such as the main harness and so forth, but all it says is for example,,,,,,   Main Harness,,, and it shows a line with diferent lines coming of of it which are numbered. When you look at the numbers, all it says is the colors of the wires and the guage of the wire. It does not say anything about where to apply it.
I'm hoping to find something that details what each part of the harness is and where it goes.

Thank-You
Greg
ovrlnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovrlnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:44am
did they give you instructions? If the wire colors/tracers are the same as what walcks produces I could scan the instruction sheet.  here is a basic wiring layout to give you an idea. if you search around here you will find diagrams for the High beam switch and light switch as well.
gtracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 2:55am
Thanks for the intrest Ralf.

I bought it from Midwest Jeep Willys out of Illinois. It's the wiring harness with turn signals and horn on the fender. Atleast thats how they're always listed as I've seen. As far as pictures,,,,,, I honestly dont know if I can get them on here. I am not a computer guy.
Greg
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 2:42am
Why not start with pictures of what you bought and tell us where you bought it.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
gtracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:37am
I recently purchased a wiring harness and boy am I confused.   I am wondering if anyone has any good information on how to install the new harness. What would be the most beneficial to me would be a manual of some kind that shows step by step how to install every peice of the harness. I realize that is asking a lot, so does anyone have any tips, tricks, pictures or anything that can make this simpler.
One thing I've already noticed is I dont see anything in the harness that will connect to the brake switch on the front of the master cylinder. Is there more wiring I need thats not included in the harness I bought?
I appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply