Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

replacement floor pans from

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kensdodge1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: replacement floor pans from
    Posted: 05 Aug. 2010 at 1:30am
hey thanks im goin to walcks saturday to pick up a m38 frame
dirtbuggy View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2010 at 1:00am
got ya I'm the same way I just got lucky for once in my life I kinda of thought that was it classic on feft (I was going to use them too) and I have spent a ton of money from the one on the right but after doing a lot of math it was just as cheap to go the route I went only becuz Walcks messed up and ended up paying for the shipping on my floor pan I do feel bad cuz their great guys but like everybody else just a por boy  they will git it back I will start ordering more parts from them as time goes on and I still have another flatfender to build after this one( one for me and one to sell hopefully) so good luck on your project I'll git back to mine as soon as it cools down a little here in the southwest desert
47 cj2a 48cj2a 04tj 99ford dually diesel and a rhino just added a 62 jeep pickup

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2010 at 12:16am
hey dirt buggy ya i wish i could afford that im i strictly low budget so im tryin to do it on the cheap guess that bit me on the ass lol and the pick on the left is from classic  lol
dirtbuggy View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2010 at 12:12am
very insteresting(however ya spell it) they look the same to me but then again I thought they where all made in the same place except classics I thought made their own but again they would have to look somewhat alike I guess to fit right but what do I know? anyway I was going to go your route and instead just got the whole floor pan from Walcks so will see how that fits I figured it would be a lot less welding just doing one piece them pieceing a lot of piece's together but who knows time will tell Smile

Edited by dirtbuggy - 05 Aug. 2010 at 12:14am
47 cj2a 48cj2a 04tj 99ford dually diesel and a rhino just added a 62 jeep pickup

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 9:09pm
and as far as classics parts i ve bought a couple of him the rest seemed fine it was only the floor pan which i had the problem with where its supposed follow the contour of the floor it is completely flat no curve at all as far as the throttle pedal area there is no bend and it ends before it even reaches the throttle pedal area does this look like it made too fit the tunnel or the throttle pedal are  
                       do these 2 panels look the same or is it just me lol

Edited by kensdodge1 - 04 Aug. 2010 at 11:26pm
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 9:00pm
hi
i brought a  complete tub from willys overland and couldn`t be any happier. they went the extar mile to make it  work. we don`t  make that kind of parts in the u.s. any more.Cry i know that there are people on this site that has a differant opion about w.o. buy i didn`t have any trouble with  w.o., that is my opion and i am sticking to it .Big smileBig smile
dennis

Edited by dennisanvil - 04 Aug. 2010 at 9:01pm
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by kensdodge1 kensdodge1 wrote:

classic parts i bought there drivers side floor pan have got to say it doesnt even come close to fitting the trans hump has anyone else had this problem ?
ok here we go !!! first of all i may be new here but im in no way knew to the car hobby ive worked in street rod shops , race engine shops ive built and arms length of vehicles from a 1929 fords to a super gas vega and off road trucks . as far as the floor pan goes i asked lamont if it was formed to the tunnel and it wasnt i asked if it was formed to the throttle pedal area he said it was it wasnt . what i i got was a flat piece of sheet metal had i known this was what i was gonna get i woulda made one myself . as far as bein fuddy duddies i dont care if you are or your not all im concerned with is buildin my project as inexpensively and as well built as i can . i dont mind spending money on a good part if its what its supposed to be . it wasnt and im not happy about it and unless i woke up in a comunist state which i didnt i will voice my opinion as i wish . i served my country to make sure that people can say what they want ie "freeedom of speech" and thats all i have to say about that "BITE ME"
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 8:15pm
Ovrind, I must have come across wrong, I was agreeing with you. Wink
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
ovrlnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovrlnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 7:42pm
Gale,
I wasn't complaining about the seat back at all. it fit nicely and required minor adjustment no more so than any other remade part I have dealt with. Heck, it could have been the 60 year old seat frame was tweaked a bit as well. Perhaps I should refine my statement. for me, I feel that ordering a reman part be it u.s. made or otherwise and then griping because it it doesn't match up perfectly to a body that is over half a century old seems a bit silly. classic produces some fine stuff and there is zero dispute over that.

I guess I am not understanding why there has to be a constant hatred. furthermore I would dislike it greatly if new members came here and obtained the opinion we are a bunch of fuddy-duddy crab asses that only accept one way and one way only. if someone utilizes a omix or MDJ part are they any less of person? is their love of jeeps any less? what if that person is young or unskilled and cannot do something in the "preferred" method yet wishes to do the best they can at revitalizing one of these (or any other for that matter) vintage gems? personally I would rather see a off the shelf MDJ parts assembled into a working jeep than have it sit in a field or worse yet bought by someone who takes it apart only to realize that their intention to be "according to hoyle" only quickens their demotivation and they tow it all to the scrap yard. for some this is their way to achieve success.
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 5:45pm
Ovrind
When I was working with Lamonte on making the seat skins (see my project thread) I was grateful that he could do it, I tried to get the reinforcing ribs formed locally without success. He made the skins using my old "swiss cheese" skin as a pattern. I noted the to shallow curve, but made a curved wood buck to get it into the proper curve. I think it's good that Classic is actually making their own stuff instead of importing it from the far east like everyone else seems to be doing. At least he's responsive to making corrections (more than I can say for MDJ)
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 4:44pm
ClapClapClapClap    X 2 WITH  ovrlnd....

1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
ovrlnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovrlnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2010 at 4:29pm
I got a seat back from classic and it fit nicely. concave wasn't exact to fit the frame so only minor massaging.

not to be a pain here but it sure seems that every time someone has a fitment problem with a modern day replacement it turns into a whine festival of "how dare it not be to the exact micron". there is variance in everything these days even with modern vehicle parts I get that don't match oem tolerances. there aren't many producers of the items we need. if all we do is bitch about them cause they don't meet ones expectations eventually they will stop. I really dislike the bashing of the vendors/manufacturers who supply us with the items that we use. perhaps it boils down to attitude or general snobbiness towards the manufacturer or vendor ie: "I'm going to talk down to you because you're not on my level of standards". I am not normally the "peace and love" type of guy but when it comes down to speaking with companies nice and professional will net you more. I had an issue with my tub that appeared to be an MD Juan issue. I have them as a friend on FB and asked my question and they couldn't have been more helpful. so why all the bitching? W/O gets constantly bashed yet the other vendors sell the same tubs minus the rework yet receive no bashing? it all seem so remedial and childish.

Edited by ovrlnd - 04 Aug. 2010 at 4:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2010 at 1:05am
ok mike i c how ya did it thanks and i still say its cheap and could have been made alot btr but it is what it is . and as far as this floor pan is concerned i dont know whos makin these but ive seen the exact same part on three different sites exact same pik and exact same shading .
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 3:50am
I was happy w/ my floors I got from them. My trans tunnel was a mess as were the floors. The extra metal was a nice bonus for me. I made my floor replacements and a big hamer good friends and it turned out great.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 2:51am
Classic Ent ONLY sells directly to the public, he does not sublet sell his products...
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensdodge1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 12:37am
anything can be overcome but when the parts say easy fitment it should be easy fitment lol Censored
hey its all good it just seems that no matter where ya get this stuff from its expensive and the quality isnt what im use too i guess . this floor piece is just a flat piece of steel with a couple bends and a couple holes for 60 bucks . dose he make this stuff for other companies or is it all made in the phillipines . ive seen the same pieces sold by other companies at a higher price
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 12:27am
not original...

period correct @-----8

saved me from buying one of Jay's pieces of $#!t......
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 12:15am

Guess I stand corrected ...ConfusedConfused

original my a$$
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>