Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep Panels Plus status???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep Panels Plus status???
    Posted: 13 Dec. 2010 at 4:33pm
I was just over on the "G" forum and saw this post from last monday:

Has anyone else tried to contact them lately?
Sure doesn't sound good.

Confused
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
Norad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2010 at 5:21pm
After some digging, and help from members, I was able to contact them and have had email correspondence as recent as this past week with Stephen.
Jeep Panels Plus was taken over by the founders son, Stephen Greene, since his fathers passing several months ago.  The shop has also been moved to another building as well.Clap

Stephen Greene
Jeep Panels Plus
207-743-7671 Work
207-743-6867 Fax
bilgerat1073@yahoo.com
96 Reservoir Road
South Paris, Maine 42810

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2010 at 9:56pm
Got an email back from him last week and is going to be making 2A parts after the new year and does not intend to make Bantam trailer parts.

I'm trying to talk him into possibly making as requested with a longer lead time but have not heard back yet.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2010 at 11:53pm
Hmmmmmmmmmm......................

I wonder if Classic Enterprises would consider making a few trailer floors?

Confused
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2010 at 1:35pm
Classic should be able to... the tooling would be similar to the tooling for the jeep rear floor.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2010 at 3:45pm
Give Lamonte at Classic a call, worst he could say is "no".  He has been very helpful to me on a couple of occasions in the past when I wanted something "not in the catalog".Wink
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Norad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2010 at 4:02pm
Does anyone have the contact info for Classic? I wanted Jeep Panels Plus to make my tailgate and floor, but would love to be able to find another vendor to compare to especially if Stephen stops making Bantam parts.

Anyone ever heard of a vendor of Bantam parts located further south? I live in Texas and shipping can get pricey.

Thanks and as always I appreciate your help with my new trailer.
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2010 at 6:02pm
http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php#4164
Shipping from classic is a flat percentage of the price of the part, on bigger parts this is a good deal.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
mccjdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccjdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2010 at 7:37pm
Just talked to Stephen today, getting my trailer parts tomorrow and he is still making floors & end panels right now and working on fixing machine to make sides once again soon.
Norad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2010 at 10:49pm
This was Stephens response when asked about not making bantam parts:

I will not be operating under the jeepanels plus name.the company is now closed.Im still going to be making trailer pieces,Just not make the side panels until i can come up with a better solution to make them,they really dont come out as nice as i would like them to.So for now it's only the sides i wont be making. Trailer pieces have always been good sellers,so there is no way at all i will cease to make them.
Stephen Greene
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2010 at 12:06pm
Well that good to hear because that is not what I thought he said in my email.

Looks like I might have misunderstood his context and punctuation.

"Art,sorry i didnt answer sooner,Im not making anything substanstial until january.I wont be producing trailer sides.floors/tailgates/end panels yes i am.all cj2/3a/3b items i will still be making as well.if you dont have the new fone number it is 207-515-1469. v/r Stephen"
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2010 at 1:33pm
Glad to see Stephen is still going to be making trailer floors, tailgates and end panels. Also sounds like he will eventually pursue making sides again. This is good news!

I guess we just need to be patient.

Edited by Longhunter - 16 Dec. 2010 at 1:34pm
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2012 at 3:20am
Unfortunately it appears the savior of many tubs has gone the way of the dodo bird. Stephen Greene posted this on his guestbook at his website, 12/6/12

Stephen Greene said: December 6th, 2012 12:47 am

I'm closing GPW, Due to health reasons I will no longer be making repair panels of any sort.I'm sorry if this makes it hard on folks.But I just cannot continue. It's a sad end to a shop that first began back in the spring of 1936 with my grandfather Howard Greene Sr. The shop has been thru many phases and changes,First starting as nothing more than welding shop in Farmington,Maine..then moving to Milford New Hampshire then back to Maine in the spring of 1973. And for many years as a body shop and radiator repair shop,Then JeePanels Plus and finally as GPW. I do have a few items remaining in stock. Please call me directly at 207-515-3784. Any purchases of items will be done money orders only,Or if you are in the neighborhood 'cash is king'.. Customers that still have unresolved issues with long overdue orders will be handled FIRST.

(edited for punctuation to make it more readable)
The jeep world is gonna miss ya, Stephen.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2012 at 3:48am
I've bought some of his stuff over the years and been very satisfied.

I know how he feels though. When your health suddenly goes south you change your priorities pretty quickly.

Unless something changes I may be out of the hobby sooner than I planned also.
 Post Reply Post Reply