Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dusters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2011 at 3:12am
Cool..thanks.

Do to health reasons, I am making a career change and I took a 7 week class for ACAD and I understand that Inventor and Solidworks are the programs of choice for 3d.  I may look into one of those next. 
Thanks for the input!
Jim
1946 CJ-2A
1996 F-150
2000 XJ
MITY KAT CRAWLER

"I love it when a plan comes together"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2011 at 2:47pm
Just an update.  I know that this is going a little slow for some people and I apologize for that.  Some things have not worked out quite how I planned but I assure you that your dusters are still on my mind.

I have been making the olive drab products first since I have the fabric and I'm trying to use it up first.  (my basement stinksLOL)  So far I have made all of the OD canvas dusters for the members who have running jeeps with bows and are ready for them except for one that I am still waiting for some binding to come in.  I also have the CJ2 top project going on which is the reason that I started all of this to begin with.

I am still confident that I can make the tops for the running jeeps early spring.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

At your service
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 1:50am
dennisanvil,

I hope this is what you want:

This back has a vinyl window sewn in.  The binding is sewn around the hole in the canvas rather than around the vinyl.

Basically, I tried to copy what I saw in the pictures of Art's late style half cab except I did not sew a zipper and flap in the half cab for a rear roof and the rear flap only has three straps  because this half cab is not part of a full cab setup.  I suppose that the zipper and flap could be added later to make a full cab.

Anywho,  I'll get this boxed up and shipped out tomorrow.

Edited by jpet - 20 Dec. 2019 at 8:20pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 1:56am
Jeff, You are unreal.....Clap of course you have the best thing in your heart...Thumbs Up
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 7:01pm
jeff
as near as i can tell this was what i was hoping for. i belive that there is 5 footloops for the half cab. 3   in the floor and 2  on the fenders. what is the location for the2 on the fenders?
we would like to thank you for all the help that you have given on  this  cab and the bows.
we hope that you like what  we have done with your help.
dennis & patBig smileBig smileBeer

Edited by dennisanvil - 14 Mar. 2011 at 7:02pm
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 7:12pm
Hi Dennis,

The other 2 straps are sewn into the rear panel:

When I get home, I will measure the locations for the footman loops and report back.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 7:34pm
Man, that's slick Jeff....good job!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2011 at 7:43pm
Actually, if you want a top that you are not afraid to get some rain or dirt on, this is the way to go.  The OD cotton canvas has a water resistant coating that is very messy and can't be cleaned.  This Sunbrella is much easier to sew, and it can be cleaned.  I sure wish you could get it in olive drab.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2011 at 1:45am
also the color go nice with red jeeps.LOLBeer
dennisanvil
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
serial # 164136<
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2011 at 2:06am
Originally posted by dennisanvil dennisanvil wrote:

.........what is the location for the2 on the fenders?

This is what I get.  The footman loops are approximately 42-3/4" apart center to center.

HTH
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2011 at 2:18am
thank jeff
dennis
serial # 164136<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2011 at 1:10am
jeff
the brown truck came today. i don`t have the turn button install yet. everthing seam to fit ok. nice work. there will be more picture when it is done.
dennisanvil

Edited by dennisanvil - 16 Mar. 2011 at 1:17am
serial # 164136<
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2011 at 2:17am
Lookin good Dennis  Clap
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by dennisanvil dennisanvil wrote:

jeff
the brown truck came today........

Wow! Brown Santa must like you.  1 day delivery!  Looks good from the back side.  Look forward to some front shots.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2011 at 1:22am
was going to work on the willys today but wife said yard work. *&^^&*&CryCry
dennis
serial # 164136<
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2011 at 1:54am
You're a good man Dennis.  I would have done the same,
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2011 at 2:14am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

You're a good man Dennis.  I would have done the same,
us men know if the wife is happy the everbody is happy.LOLLOL
serial # 164136<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2011 at 12:33am
jeff
here are the pictures of the half cab done
serial # 164136<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>