Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sears (Selectro) locking hub pics and info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sears (Selectro) locking hub pics and info
    Posted: 28 Mar. 2017 at 12:57am
mullen that sounds great!!!!!  cams and a hub would fix me up.. thank youSmile

Edited by bverboy - 28 Mar. 2017 at 1:02am
mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 8:36pm
Tracy - I called Mile Marker Industries (seller of parts for the Selectro/Sears hubs) today and was told the "metal" cams are no longer available, but they did have nylon Delrin (per packing list) cams in stock.
Their part number 501.107.52TF $15.00/each plus postage for one or $5.00 each if you could meet their $15.00 minimum order charge.
I ordered 4 of them = I should have them by the end of this week and I will compare to the aluminum or zinc ones I have and respond back.

Edited by mullen46cj2a - 01 Apr. 2017 at 1:50pm
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2017 at 10:10pm
are the cams made out of aluminum or something like that? im wondering if I should just start over and buy warns if I cant come across the cams

Edited by bverboy - 26 Mar. 2017 at 10:12pm
bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2017 at 10:08pm
possibly but you have to ask somebody smarter than me as all this is new to me..
mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by bverboy bverboy wrote:

I have the exact same locking hubs and where can I get parts for these things?  I need a base and 2 cams..

I may have a base for you, but not the cams.  I need a couple myself and haven't found a source for them.
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2017 at 9:00pm
Were there two manufacturers of these type hubs?  I have a set of Sears, I know Selectro made them, and that instruction sheet says Dualmatic.  Which is which?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2017 at 9:50am
I have the exact same locking hubs and where can I get parts for these things?  I need a base and 2 cams..
Reedvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reedvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2015 at 5:32pm
I just bought a 1948 yesterday with these locking hubs on the rear (I was told for towing purposes) nice pics!  I think I'll take them apart and lube them before I drive too much.
live better
WORK
FrankenJeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankenJeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Longhunter Longhunter wrote:

Good info and pics!

This would be a good post over on the "Parts Project"... "Non-Willys Acessories" area. I know lots of members have these hubs.

Thumbs Up
Good suggestion. I wasn't sure where to put it. I'll post over there tonight.
47 CJ2A
"I never said I could put it back together..." me to my wife
Kevin in Michigan
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2011 at 12:15pm
Good info and pics!

This would be a good post over on the "Parts Project"... "Non-Willys Acessories" area. I know lots of members have these hubs.

Thumbs Up
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
FrankenJeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankenJeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2011 at 5:21pm
When I took apart my Sears (Selectro) locking hubs and cleaned, lubed and painted them this past summer I took some pics so I would know how they went back together. I thought I would post some pictures of them dissassembled and some info I found.

One thing it doesn't show is the Part #9 O-ring. Both of mine were missing so I went up to the hardware store and they had bulk O-ring material on a spool. They cut them and super glued the end together to make the correct size.

Some instructions

Here's a few pics of mine in various stages of assembly

All the parts

The back

47 CJ2A
"I never said I could put it back together..." me to my wife
Kevin in Michigan
 Post Reply Post Reply