Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2011!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado Fall Color Tours 2011!!
    Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by kilroy kilroy wrote:

. . . . I didn't realize GW threw himself on a grenade!!!! Shocked
Nah, GW just looked as though he'd fallen on a grenade after jpet guided him up that tree!  Poor tree. CryCryCry
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by F Bill F Bill wrote:

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician.........

Wait a second now. This ain't GW talking. He is too humble to toot his own horn. I am also shy and don't like to brag. I'm just trying to give the members a clear perspective on what actually happened in contrast to any slander.

It's true that the tree did intend to ambush the tire convoy. Lucky for everyone there that GW took one for the team saving the lives of who knows how many jeeps. .... but you won't hear that from the General    That's just the word on the street.

I didn't realize GW threw himself on a grenade!!!! Shocked
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:05pm

. . . . Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?) . . .
Ya know, I've never seen a 2A that was not a left leaning Jeep - unless you look at it from the front.  I can't help the political implications - that's just how things are!  LOLLOLLOLLOL
Sam

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 5:37pm

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician.........

Wait a second now. This ain't GW talking. He is too humble to toot his own horn. I am also shy and don't like to brag. I'm just trying to give the members a clear perspective on what actually happened in contrast to any slander.

It's true that the tree did intend to ambush the entire convoy. Lucky for everyone there that GW took one for the team saving the lives of who knows how many jeeps. .... but you won't hear that from the General    That's just the word on the street.

Edited by jpet - 10 Mar. 2012 at 11:48pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 4:57pm

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician. Wink

Has anyone investigated the political status of the tree in question? It sounds like one of those environmental whack-OH trees, trying to stop those intrepid off roading fans like the General. Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?)

(cue up America the Beautiful music or some JP Sousa stuff)Big smile

A "tree hugging" tree???
Wink
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 4:37pm
I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician. Wink

Has anyone investigated the political status of the tree in question? It sounds like one of those environmental whack-OH trees, trying to stop those intrepid off roading fans like the General. Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?)

(cue up America the Beautiful music or some JP Sousa stuff)Big smile

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 3:25pm

Some of this stuff just isn't important. There is some confusion on who broke down, who hit a tree, who's fault was it. It's just not that important. The point to remember is that Gen'l Willys saved the day! The rest is irrelevant
Wacko   LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Sam

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 3:23pm
Some of this stuff just isn't important. There is some confusion on who broke down, who hit a tree, who's fault was it. It's just not that important. The point to remember is that Gen'l Willys saved the day! The rest is irrelevant
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 3:04pm
If Einstein broke down on the trail, he would sit there and ponder the universe until a CFFC guy came along and fixed his rig for him.LOL
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 3:23pm
If only he were actually quoting Einstein!  Wacko
Sam

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 3:15pm

You guys are not questioning me. You are questioning Einstein! The numbers don't lie. I don't make up the news. I just report it.

I think there's something missing in the "reporting of the news" that needs to be looked at a bit more.  So by quoting Einstein what you're really saying is that it's all relative?
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 1:28pm

You guys are not questioning me. You are questioning Einstein! The numbers don't lie. I don't make up the news. I just report it.
Shall I clarify my comments?LOLLOLLOLLOL
Sam

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 2:50am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 2:39am
Aahh, jpet, I think you forgot something.  In reviewing your formulas I found where you forgot to divide by two, and carry E-prime to the 7th.  That'll cost you one Medal of Honor, but raise you two Purple Hearts.  Your arguements are true to form, horsefeathers not withstanding. 

Any witnesses willing to coroborate this august dissertation??
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2012 at 1:11am

. . . .
 Here are some calculations:

. . . . 
Horsefeathers!!!!Wacko

Of course, everyone already knew that.
Sam

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

OK JPET, YOUR TURN!! Pinch
............ I'll give it a shot ............

Ok. Day 1. Remember the creek? If I remember, a certain jeep was not able to cross the creek. I won't mention any names but the name started with an "L", ends with a "y", has an "ump" in the middle and rhyms with "dumpy". Anywho, if I remember correctly, said jeep could not make it across the creek without dying. Turns out it was a faulty ignition coil wire. (can I get a witness in the house!)..... now.... which jeep was it that generously traded coil wires with said jeep in distress?....... let me rephrase ...... which strong courageous jeep sacrificed his own self to save his comrade from a water grave?!........ Starts with a "G", ends with a "y"....... Oh heck with it. "Lumpy" and "Gen'l Willys"

Fast forward to day 3. If I remember correctly, it was Gen'l Willys who volunteered (again unselfishly) to go ahead of the convoy and scout the trail for potential danger. Alone and unprotected, the General gets ambushed by a "sniper tree", taking the hit alone, and thereby saving his platoon from certain disaster! After GW takes this severe injury that would have killed a lesser jeep, he presses on, under his own power, and leads his platoon through the dangerous gulch until they are safe. Once his comrades are out of danger, he succumbs to his wounds. He is towed home by Ironsides. When GW gets back to the "Thirsty Dirt Ranch" we find out what caused him to die on the trail. Low and behold, it was the ignition coil wire! Remember now this is "LUMPY'S" coil wire. (can I get a witness in the house!!). Changed the wire and presto!..... Now..... back to the sniper tree incident. I was piloting the General when he made..... or tried to make the curve before the tree. I noticed a power drop just before the curve and the pending accident. Here are some calculations:

Based on these calculations it is unmistakenly clear that if GW had his original working coil wire, (that would be the one that he selflessly gave to Lumpy), he would have no doubt had enough power to take that curve and would have completely missed the tree. The formula above proves this and might I add that this math is not mine but it came from Einstein so anyone who would dispute my claims is essentially calling Einstein an idiot!

Finally, after several said he was finished for the tour, (you know who you are), GW had the right to tuck his tailpipe between his legs and go home but instead with nothing more than sheer courage, mustered everything he had left to make the very next trail ride and all subsequent trails even though his wounds would be considered mortal to another jeep.

Recap:
1. GW sacrifices himself to save a comrade from drowning in a watery grave which causes his health to be diminished
2. GW risked his life to flush out enemy trees thereby saving the entire platoon from certain peril.
3. After being severely wounded, he painfully leads his team out of danger before succumbing to a wound that came from unselfishly giving his functioning parts to another.
4. GW rather than staying home and licking his wounds after being told that he was finished, uses everything he has left to finish the tour and not miss a single trail.

I'm thinking that a Purple Heart and Medal of Honor might be in order here. Though we reserve the right to call rebuttal witness should the need arise, the defense rests.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Lew Ladwig Lew Ladwig wrote:

See Mike,
I did say you were always helpful!  Sorry that I got the story wrong.  Yup,  you are always wanting to help out. 

Now Lew, I sure hope you aren't gonna put me up on a lift and continue to show the world just how "helpfull" I am to the rest of our jeep community!!  I'm thinking that you should have just about run out of "good examples" to show folks, and that's just fine with me.  I think we need to focus our attention to some of the other "good deed do-ers" we've had visit us over the years, and help them "come clean" with all their "good intentions". 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2012 at 4:31pm
Now that is what I am talking about. This is much better. I can not wait until "big Bro" is running so I can also join in all the fun and have all the great memories that all you share. Wink Beer Handshake
Dave
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>