Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2011!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado Fall Color Tours 2011!!
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2011 at 4:43pm
Big smile It's that time again to make plans for this year's fall color tour!

What are all these folks looking forward to?

Why they're looking forward to another great week of following these Jeeps ....

Through the mountains of Colorado.........

Looking for the not-so-elusive views of golden aspen leaves!

So if your jeep has not yet joined this line-up of Willys history, then this is the time to make your plans to join us for this year's adventures.  We'll start receiving friends on September 18th and expect to have rides planned right up to September 25th.  So come for a day, or come for the week, but come for the great rides, the great company, and the great adventure!! Clap

The Thirsty Dirt Ranch will again be headquarters for our daily jeeping escapades.  We have room for campers and car-haulers, travel trailers, and lots of jeeps.  So put yourself in our convoy.... 

And go with us hunting in the mountains for hidden treasures!

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2011 at 5:57pm
Mike - I've just dropped the bombshell ... and given them this page to look at, so be nice everyone!
We might get away with it!

EmbarrassedWinkEmbarrassed
Wink

46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 2:25pm
Those dates are on my calendar!

SO, are you guys coming harriet? I would love to meet a couple of Official UK citizens. I just love to listen to you guys talk. Of course I'm sure you will get a kick out of our "southern Mississippi drawl" too. Good thing we both speak english huh......... well I guess I do........ at least a version of it. (LOL)

Big smile
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 4:08pm
OK Harriet, we'll keep our fingers crossed, and say 3 Holy-Moly's at the alter of the jeep grill. Shocked LOL

Mike, you might need to bring a 'southern' dictionary with you to help poor Harriet out.  Of course, we might need one from her as well.  Should be an interesting tour.......... Wink

Edited by m38mike - 13 Jan. 2011 at 4:09pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Mike, you might need to bring a 'southern' dictionary with you to help poor Harriet out. 

A'ight....... you be'cha.

Wink

Edited by Longhunter - 13 Jan. 2011 at 5:09pm
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 9:01pm
Mike, do you have a confirmed date for the Fall Reunion in Jeff City?.......
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 9:16pm
Don't forget we've got relatives in N'orlins, Houston and Atlanta!
I got quite used to being 'Miss Harriet' - something to do with Southern politeness I believe!
And we've even heard Jeff Foxworthy ...

HugHug
Hug

Keep your fingers crossed for us please!

46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2011 at 11:20pm
Hey Mike, that'll be finer'n frog's hair!  Good suthun larnin fo sho. Wacko Thumbs Up LOL 

Roc, I heard a rumor that it will be September 16-18 this year.  Third weekend in September as usual.  But I haven't seen a poster or any web site publishing those dates.  I hope these are the dates, cuz I dont' want to interfere with that show.  I'd like to follow it like we did last year.  But if we go a week later, we'll miss the best fall colors I'm sure.  If it's the weekend before, I'd consider moving our tour up a week to keep the two events connected.

Harriet, I'm gonna wear out two sets of knee pads trying to win influence with the guy upstairs so you and yours can make it this year.  I'm not sure if I'll host the color tours in 2012 because I'll just be coming back from a month-long convoy through Canada to the arctic circle and Alaska in my electric jeep.  I might actually be jeeped out in 2012, so we'd best make a go of it this year. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2011 at 2:59am

Hey Mike, that'll be finer'n frog's hair!  Good suthun larnin fo sho. Wacko Thumbs Up LOL 

Roc, I heard a rumor that it will be September 16-18 this year.  Third weekend in September as usual.  But I haven't seen a poster or any web site publishing those dates.  I hope these are the dates, cuz I dont' want to interfere with that show.  I'd like to follow it like we did last year.  But if we go a week later, we'll miss the best fall colors I'm sure.  If it's the weekend before, I'd consider moving our tour up a week to keep the two events connected.

Harriet, I'm gonna wear out two sets of knee pads trying to win influence with the guy upstairs so you and yours can make it this year.  I'm not sure if I'll host the color tours in 2012 because I'll just be coming back from a month-long convoy through Canada to the arctic circle and Alaska in my electric jeep.  I might actually be jeeped out in 2012, so we'd best make a go of it this year. 
that would be finer  then frog hair and split four ways and a hole drill  thought it.
dennis LOLLOL .
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
CSMDakota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSMDakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 12:28am

Well, that's pretty harsh, Mike - giving me Fall-Fever when it's not even 1 month into Winter!

I'm planning on making it again this year.  Looks like I'll have 1 more jeep (MontanaMat's MB) and 6 more people accompanying me this time.  Can't wait!
1948 CJ2A S/N: 214799
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 5:27am
But Dennis, what do we put in the holes we just drilled in the frog's hairs? Wacko  LOL

CSMDakota, I just want to be sure this is one of the first things you write down on your new year's calendar, that's all.  Sorry for being harsh, but I gotta keep the memories alive!! Wink
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 10:49am

But Dennis, what do we put in the holes we just drilled in the frog's hairs? Wacko  LOL

When we were kids one of my friends had a joke he would tell related to that.
This american inventer set out to create the world's smallest drill bit. He worked on it for many months and then one day he accomplished his goal. This drill bit was so small that he could drill a hole through a human hair. He showed it to all his associates and everyone heaped praise upon this great inventor who had created the worlds smallest drill bit. He was so proud of his drill bit that he sent it to Japan to their top inventor to show the Japanese how skilled the American people can be. In about a week the American inventor got a package in the mail from Japan. They had returned his drill bit and with it was a note. "Your drill bit is very nice! There is only one thing missing. So we drilled a hole in it for you so you could hang it up for everyone to admire."

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 4:46pm

CSMDakota, I just want to be sure this is one of the first things you write down on your new year's calendar, that's all.  Sorry for being harsh, but I gotta keep the memories alive!! Wink
that is easy, i use it  to hang on my little key chain.LOLLOL
dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 6:02pm
Mike,
If my calculations are correct, I think I'll be able to make it this year. I should be finished with school this summer (quarter ends in August). But who knows what life will lay at my doorstep between now and then.LOL.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2011 at 7:50pm

Gale,  that's great news for all involved/participating in the Fall Color's Tour!  As you said, you never know what twists and turns are around the corner, but I hope it works out for you...I hope it works out for me too!  With Mike doing the Al-Can trip the next year, he may decide to retire from hosting such a wonderful event...I guess we'll have to get aquainted with one of his neighbors!    So, will you be able to convince Bob777 to attend again?...He'll probably need another jolt to his ticker by then...which I'd be happy to provide!   When your school wraps up, you and Bob could leave the PNW and make it to Mike's at just about the right time!  What a jeep ride that would be!   It is a long way off, but well worth the advance planning to attend.  I really look forward to meeting you, (and maybe your bride and shaggy dog!)     Arick

She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2011 at 5:16am
OK dennis, if I ever find a key chain that's hairy, I'll know it's yours!! LOL

All Right GALE!!  I'm very glad to hear that your schedule looks good for you to join us this year!  I'm hoping that you'll be bringing your jeep along with you.  I'd really like to see it in person.  I'm not sure I'd drive it down here as Arick suggested, but I do agree that you and Bob should coordinate your trip so both of you can make it with your brides. 

Now Arick, I don't want any of you greasy hoodblocks getting to know our neighbors.  You'd find out just how much nicer they are than we are, and you'd leave us for good!!  Cry  And here you go trying to start evil rumors!  Tsssk, Tsssk! Evil Smile What's all this talk about retiring.  Only thing getting re-tired around here is the Blue Mule.  Have you seen the chunks busted out of those tires?  They need to be re-tired.   Sick

I think after driving Electro-Willys 4,000 miles in August next year, I'll look forward to some quiet time at home, and try to rebuild some vacation time.  I'll be gone for 5 weeks for the Alaska Convoy.  So for 2012, and only 2012, we may take a break from hosting the color tour.   Unhappy   But we'll be back in the saddle for 2013!  Handshake Beer Clap 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2011 at 12:39am

Roc, I heard a rumor that it will be September 16-18 this year.  

Mike, you are correct....just got a confirmation email from Doc. Fall Reunion in Jeff City is 16-18
    (looks like a 'both' might possibly work this year, we'll see)

Edited by rocnroll - 17 Jan. 2011 at 12:42am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2011 at 2:31am
Maybe we should talk Cheap Jeep into going.  He could haul 5 jeeps from Jeff City in his semi.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>