Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2011!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Some of this stuff just isn't important. There is some confusion on who broke down, who hit a tree, who's fault was it. It's just not that important. The point to remember is that Gen'l Willys saved the day! The rest is irrelevant
Wacko   LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 4:37pm
I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician. Wink

Has anyone investigated the political status of the tree in question? It sounds like one of those environmental whack-OH trees, trying to stop those intrepid off roading fans like the General. Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?)

(cue up America the Beautiful music or some JP Sousa stuff)Big smile

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by F Bill F Bill wrote:

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician. Wink

Has anyone investigated the political status of the tree in question? It sounds like one of those environmental whack-OH trees, trying to stop those intrepid off roading fans like the General. Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?)

(cue up America the Beautiful music or some JP Sousa stuff)Big smile

A "tree hugging" tree???
Wink
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 5:37pm

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician.........

Wait a second now. This ain't GW talking. He is too humble to toot his own horn. I am also shy and don't like to brag. I'm just trying to give the members a clear perspective on what actually happened in contrast to any slander.

It's true that the tree did intend to ambush the entire convoy. Lucky for everyone there that GW took one for the team saving the lives of who knows how many jeeps. .... but you won't hear that from the General    That's just the word on the street.

Edited by jpet - 10 Mar. 2012 at 11:48pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:05pm

. . . . Probably left leaning, too. (after that hard hit with a right leaning jeep, can't expect anything else, can ya?) . . .
Ya know, I've never seen a 2A that was not a left leaning Jeep - unless you look at it from the front.  I can't help the political implications - that's just how things are!  LOLLOLLOLLOL
Sam

kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I think the General is running for office. He sounds just like a politician.........

Wait a second now. This ain't GW talking. He is too humble to toot his own horn. I am also shy and don't like to brag. I'm just trying to give the members a clear perspective on what actually happened in contrast to any slander.

It's true that the tree did intend to ambush the tire convoy. Lucky for everyone there that GW took one for the team saving the lives of who knows how many jeeps. .... but you won't hear that from the General    That's just the word on the street.

I didn't realize GW threw himself on a grenade!!!! Shocked
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by kilroy kilroy wrote:

. . . . I didn't realize GW threw himself on a grenade!!!! Shocked
Nah, GW just looked as though he'd fallen on a grenade after jpet guided him up that tree!  Poor tree. CryCryCry
Sam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425