Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 Jeep CJ2A - How Much is it worth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2011 at 7:42pm
I second the trailer.. UHAUL local rental on the car transporter is CHEEP compared to what can happen when ya drive home an unregistered 60 year old unknown jeep.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2011 at 8:20pm
I'll third that on the trailer...100 miles in a 2A brand new would be hard. The best reason to trailer it is you need to go thru all the lube and oil levels to be sure you don't damage your new toy (trust me just checking all levels will take awhile to learn)
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

markswanson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markswanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 2:31pm

I bought it and Uhaul-ed it back to Dallas.  Now to learn the engine.  Drives like a champ.  Bought it off two really nice pilots in Dallas.  Father and son.  Very Excited.
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."
— C.S. Lewis (The Four Loves)
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 3:05pm
Congratulations, Mark!  We look forward to updates as you learn more about it.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 3:15pm
Thumbs Up ClapBeer= CONGRATS!
Cool Star = you now!
Geek = your good buy!
WackoErmm = you later!
Hug = you being welcomed by the rest of us junkies!
Wink LOL = me giving you a hard time!
She looks GREAT!
Need a name for her now!
Welcome!!!

LOL
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 3:23pm
Don't fix it so much that you can't drive it.  Most pilots believe in proper engine maintenance, go figure.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Old Bull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 5:25pm

Amazing how much that looks like mine at that profile!  Congrats

Edited by Old Bull - 06 Mar. 2011 at 5:27pm
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2011 at 8:09pm
Nice find & buy !!!!

Got to have a link to photo album or ??  gotta have in-depth pictures of the new ride !!!!  Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
buckshot View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 6:06pm
Welcome Mark and Howdy!

Another CJ-2A member in Texas!

Big smile
Brian in Tyler
'46 CJ-2A #14883
M416 Trailer
1938 Plymouth Pick-Up
2008 HEMI Rubicon Unlimited
2008 JK Unlimited
My Jeep photos at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113017572186775733159/ForumPhotos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markswanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 6:49pm
Pics are coming tonight.
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markswanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 7:44pm
Old Bull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 8:00pm
Mark...looks good...be interesting to read other's thoughts...that seat and the rail over the windshield almost look like they were designed for either parades or maybe hunting.  Enjoy getting to know it, then decide which of the non-stock items you like vs what you want to change...glad to hear it runs well!
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2011 at 9:41pm
I'm thinking the windshield extensions were so a factory made 3A top would fit. Or they may be the remnants of a homebuilt hardtop.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

MFeiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFeiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 4:36pm
Per Mark S's request. FYI Mark: I happen to have access to a web server but I think most folks here use Photobucket or another image sharing service to host their pics and I think that most of those will down sample the file for you. Maybe someone else can chime in. This said, I am happy to help until you have time to sort it out.

Mark

Edited by MFeiden - 09 Mar. 2011 at 4:37pm
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 4:49pm
That is one classy Jeep, I wouldn't change a thing.  If you are ever in a flood, you can throw that winch cable over a stout tree limb and winch yourself right out of harms way.  I read a post on here where a guy did just that.  I guess the winch is the reason for the 2nd solenoid.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
MFeiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFeiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 4:56pm
I was thinking the same thing. Looks nice --tough. I guess if it were me I might change the Wheel color and then leave it at that. Mark
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 6:18pm
Wheels look fine to me, I'd loose all the  added metal, steps on the rear bumper and the cattle gate on the front.  also the added bar on the windshield and cut the rear seat down to fit inside the rear fenders.   Congratulations! really sharp looking Jeep!
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markswanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2011 at 8:41pm

Mark, what color would you paint the wheels?

Windyhill, I plan on getting rid of the brush guard on the front bumper.  Good call!  But the winch and the addition to the original bumper is very functional, kind of like the step ups.  The back seat was built by the last owner and is very well made and comfortable.  I will be having quite a few passengers at times.  I agree it would be nicer if it sat lower.  The full canvas top fits into the "custom" windscreen.  Really wish they had kept that original but the top will be nice in the summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>