Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harrison heater mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
garage gnome View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harrison heater mods
    Posted: 12 Mar. 2011 at 5:06pm
Here are some modifications I made to my Harrison Heater to get a little more heat into the drivers side. I also found out that Herm the overdrive guy sells an original style defroster, and since I have a defroster duct on mine, I think I'm going to get one.

When I tested my heater, I noticed more air was going through the big hole right above the passenger's feet. So I got the good idea of making some doors to open and close two of the the three vents. I had one spot that had a little rot, which I patched up too. Someone along the line updated my fan to a 12v one. That thing cranks on hi.

My heater core was bad, but luckily, one of my junkers had a rotted out heater with a good core. Made one from two!

What's left of my original Willys sticker. When I sandblasted the front, I left the sticker and painted over it.

This is what I replaced it with.

My heater had part of a defroster system on it. I'm not exactly sure if this is home made or not. Looks pretty factory based of the the neat bends and cuts.

And heres the finished product in my jeep. I'm not sure how much the mods helped, but now, I can get only defrosters which I feel I'll be needing with the top on.

Edited by garage gnome - 12 Mar. 2011 at 5:07pm
Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
 Post Reply Post Reply