Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB - Jeep Pedal Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GalenHorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB - Jeep Pedal Car
    Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 5:07am
We just had our first son!  Major Isaac Galen Horton, so now I need to find him a ride that's his size until he's big enough to reach the pedals in my '47!

Any leads or direction to a Jeep pedal car for sale, in any condition, would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Galen in Northwest Arkansas

1947 CJ2A
1953 M38A1
2011 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 7:45am
Congratulations on the birth of your son. They show up on ebay every now and again. I think its Roc who has a real nice one.
Maker of the Reedkini
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 1:27pm
here's my Triang....unrestored right now.... Is this what your looking for?
Clarity of pics are'nt the best..Ouch
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 2:51pm
First off........CONGRATULATIONS to the new jeeper in the Horton household!! Clap

Secondly......this is Mini Me. It's part Hamilton pedal car, part Harbor Freight wagon (the handle is pinned on for easy removal)

The Reunion guys have been seeing this one for years....(it got finished before it's full size brother) It's even developed some road rash and trail wear but here's a pic when it was new.

Here's a MOBO Scout Car (I don't know but seems to have been affiliated with Tri-Ang) being cleaned up by my ace cleanup guy after purchase at the last Spring Reunion.

Edited by rocnroll - 03 Sep. 2011 at 3:10pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
GalenHorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GalenHorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 3:02pm
Either the Hamilton or Triang, either one would be great if you know of anyone looking to sell in the future.  I don't mind a fixer upper, that way I wouldn't feel bad about painting it to match my 2A.

1947 CJ2A
1953 M38A1
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 3:16pm
Galen, for what you are wanting it for (since you want to redo it) I'd suggest trying to find an older Barbie pedal jeep....pre-plastic.

There was one made in the 80's or so that was still steel and since you're gonna redo it anyway the pink won't be a problem. It'll be cheaper than the more collectable Hamiltons or Tri-Angs.

Trouble now is like everything else they've 'dumbed down' and 'lazied up' toys so that there aren't "pedal" cars anymore.........batteries!!  It's gotta be motor operated these days insted of 'kid powered' like they used to be.....oh well.Big smile

Edited by rocnroll - 03 Sep. 2011 at 3:18pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

munkjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2011 at 10:13pm
http://lexington.craigslist.org/atq/2544737648.html
I do not know anything about it, saw the listing today on Lexington KY craigslist.
GalenHorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GalenHorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2011 at 2:13pm
RocnRoll, that's a good suggestion, I'll check it out . . . but I don't mind paying a bit of coin for a real Hamilton or Triang.  You could say after 2 daughters & one pink Barbie Jeep (plastic & batter powered, of course), I don't mind going the male route for the boy.

I've half thought of taking the girls' Jeep that they've outgrown & painting it.  But in the end, I'd like him to have an heirloom toy he can pass down.  My girls have plenty, with a rather full collection of American Girl items.

I may buy one of the older, non-Jeep pedal cars, as there are plenty available on Ebay, & there seem to be some deals . . . but I've got some time, so I'll keep hunting for the Jeep.  If you happen to run across someone at the reunion with one to sell, or see one online, send them my way!

Edited by GalenHorton - 10 Sep. 2011 at 2:16pm

1947 CJ2A
1953 M38A1
OSUJACK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSUJACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2011 at 5:08am
Roc I'll buy the "mini me" off of ya since one of these days I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse on your truck anyway

Yes I know...the Lord said we should not covet!
1953 CJ3A
2010 Rubicon
Jim_n_Texas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_n_Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2011 at 5:22am
I made this one out of a military jeep pedal car - guess I got carried away
1946 CJ2A
1961 M422 Mighty Mite w/M416B1 trailer
1979 CJ5
1969 Jeepster Commando
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2011 at 10:49am
Congrats on the birth of your son!

Hope everyone is doing well!

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by OSUJACK OSUJACK wrote:

Roc I'll buy the "mini me" off of ya since one of these days I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse on your truck anyway  

Bring ya a suitcase full of hundreds to Jeff City, we'll talk......you'll have alot easier time buying 'Frankie' than you will Mini-Me. (they don't sell as a pair)

P.S.  I forgot to bring your hubcapsDisapprove

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

OSUJACK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSUJACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2011 at 6:39pm
No biggie roc, you can ship em later!

Right now I'm busy packing suitcase...
1953 CJ3A
2010 Rubicon
kikilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2011 at 3:30am
Rick H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2011 at 5:55pm
I guess Galen got me inspired, so I picked up this jewel locally for my little Jeep'er.  It's a Hamilton Air Force Jeep, but I think I'll do it in civilian colors.  Normandy Blue?  Hope to make it look half as nice at Roc's.

Maybe I'll start a build thread for it, LOL.

- 1948 CJ2A

- 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited

- 2014 Patriot Latitude
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2011 at 12:40am

You can do it, that's pretty much exactly what I started with.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

47goDevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47goDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2011 at 4:56pm
i found one like 'jim's in texas',  my son loved it.  but now at six, it's a bit tight for him. 
 p.m. me if you can't find one to buy. 
 i'll ask him if he want's to sell it.  worth about $150 
 trouble with the rear axle drive connection.  plastic needs attention . 
 they were built in the '80's and limited. 
   nice to see another one like it jim. 
   we stenciled willys on the windshield .  his name is wil so it worked out well. 
 and that spare is and actual spare. 
     goes fast too . 

pcadorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcadorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2013 at 7:34pm
did you ever find the jeep you wanted-if not I have one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>