Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That old Jeep-in-a-crate story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2012 at 3:34pm
Ok a jeep not in a crate story.  An aquantaince of mine, his dad bought the surplus jeeps.  Minimum 20.  For the amount... [drum roll]...$400.00 each.  They came on a train to the north western Ne.  Ainsworth ranch area.  He still has  a frame left.  He told me that when one broke down they just grabed another and that 10 were sold out right.  They robbed and others robbed parts untill the last frame was the only thing left.  His dad has since died and left the ranch to him along with enough money that he will never have to work again,, if he does not spend it all.  Sorry not $50.00.
Ed
cj2a lefty
gsitts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2012 at 3:10am
OK My .02 worth... I knew a man in Phx back in the 60s who bought a Ford version of the MB at auction  out at Litchield park NAS near Phx in 1946. I don't remember what he paid for it but he uncrated it right at the base put the wheels on Put fuel, oil, and water in it and drove it home to Phx about 15 miles. He still had it and I did a lot of work on and used it dear hunting up near Payson Az. in about 1964. I lost track of it and him...
Gordon
combat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 5:35am
This is a photo of my crate in a jeep. I paid about $50. for it too.LOLSee the story is TRUE!
Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2012 at 3:46am
I'll bet!!! Ill make you an offer right now $250.00. C'mon, through in the machine gun! That a 500% profit.LOL
combat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2012 at 1:17am
LOL$250. for that crate. HMMMM sounds like a fair deal. Its empty now ,no 37mm shells. Shot them all. I'll keep the machine gun though.LOL
Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12