Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts Jeep Trail Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2014 at 12:56am
The driver's seat in it's new location. I sectioned in a 2 1/4" piece of 1" tubing in the seat frame legs so the seat is setting back as far as it will go in its cutout. It's fairly comfortable now with the tilt column adjusted down a couple of notches; good hand/arm placement. A little more room for my legs and a better angle for my old knees. Still gonna leave the backrest cushion off; maybe drape an old T shirt over the back.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2014 at 5:38am
Clap

For my back rest I have 2 blankets and a pillow case over them. Works great with the top on, but not so much with the top off and rain.
Hillwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2014 at 6:59am
Nice build man! I really like your headliner!
"Anybody can have shiny paint."-Flatfender Ben
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2014 at 7:11pm
Any updates?
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2014 at 10:59pm
Nothing has changed since the last posting. I don't want to tear anything apart because I have a move looming. I sold the house in October and am renting it back from the new owners. I can stay until the end of March if need be, but would prefer to find a new place much sooner. You would think it would be fairly easy to find a simple ranch house with a little elbow room around it, but nooooooo! It would be so much easier if I didn't have all this stuff!

I do need to buy a new battery for the jeep (along with batteries for other vehicles), so that may be the only update. SorryUnhappy
48 CJ2A
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2014 at 10:09pm
A long time ago I pulled the toe-warming heater out because it interfered with my feet operating the pedals. A previous owner had welded an extension to the clutch pedal in an attempt to alleviate this but you had to use the tippy toes of your left foot like a ballerina to not snag the heater. My other jeep has its heater in a similar location, but it's tucked up better and not in the way.

I didn't see a brand name on the heater but the core was good and the 12V fan spun right up when powered. I found a spray can of Hammerite that was a close match for the original color and gave it a quick coat. I'm hoping to re-install it at some point; hopefully in a spot out of the way.

On another topic, the Tightsteer I ordered showed up today and got installed in the blue jeep. It's a miserable day out today, I'll just have to wait to try this out. 
48 CJ2A
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2014 at 4:32am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

On another topic, the Tightsteer I ordered showed up today and got installed in the blue jeep. It's a miserable day out today, I'll just have to wait to try this out. 

It is miserable out!  LOL
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2015 at 10:51pm

Goodbye House of Jeep; I'll miss your cavernous capacity for containing clutter (sigh).
48 CJ2A
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2015 at 2:31am
Cry That looks like a nice place to keep jeeps, pieces and parts!
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2015 at 3:31am

The garage mates reunited again in the rented storage. They'll sleep here for an undetermined amount of time until I buy another place. Guess I'll be a spectator here on the page for a while.

Edited by otto - 27 Aug. 2020 at 10:39pm
48 CJ2A
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2015 at 4:07am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Guess I'll be a spectator here on the page for a while.

You could always come to Astoria and help me with my '47! LOL  Bowpicker is in storage now getting updated ( Suppose to be back mid March I believe.) But Fort George is still open and if you have not been to Buoy beer yet they are good. ( Yes I am bribing with beer and food!)

I'll be posting in my build thread shortly, as I am editing pictures right now.
stanford1946cj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanford1946cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 4:29pm
otto,
What size super swampers are those on there? They look great!
Marshall Stanford
1946 Willys CJ2A
Father Son Project
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2015 at 4:37pm
Liking the Datsun! A 74 Datsun pickup was my first ride.  
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by stanford1946cj2a stanford1946cj2a wrote:

otto,
What size super swampers are those on there? They look great!

They are bias ply 32x9.50x15 on 6" CJ5 wheels. It's killing me to put all my toys away and not play with them.
48 CJ2A
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2015 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Tom in RI Tom in RI wrote:

Liking the Datsun! A 74 Datsun pickup was my first ride.  

Thanks, the 510 is really a trip down memory lane. Earlier in life I was really into the vintage Datsun thing; it's just they weren't vintage yet. I've had 3 510s, 2 pick-ups and a 240Z. Not sure what will happen with the 510, the jeeps are a lot more fun.
48 CJ2A
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 10:13pm
A brief update from my last posting almost two years ago: I managed to relocate after selling my other house. Had to move twice after not finding what I wanted and my rent-back situation came to an end. The real estate market is brutal in the Portland area now with sales getting multiple offers over asking price. It was easy to sell but much harder to buy! I ended up buying the only house on the market that was going down in asking price; yes it was(is) a dump! Which is why the jeep projects have ground to a halt (and on page 8).

Now that the place is somewhat livable, I'm going to switch gears and focus on what's important- the jeeps. With Mike from Oregon's Spring Fling coming up, I'm readying my blue jeep with a rebuild of its L134. And if that doesn't get done in time, I'll focus on working the bugs out of the black jeep and take that as plan "B". 2015 (and 2016) was a tough year for me, but hopefully 2017 will be better and these vehicles can be enjoyed.
48 CJ2A
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 11:22pm
Glad to see your getting back on your feet. Good luck getting those prepped.
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2017 at 1:04am
What is the name of the top that is on the black Jeep? Do you have doors for it? 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>