Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brake Pedal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pinchus34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinchus34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake Pedal
    Posted: 11 Apr. 2012 at 12:12am
Thanks guys. Both pieces of advice make sense. When I bleed the system the squirt will happen. Can't see it now as the system is dry. As for adjusting the rod, I've noticed that the brake pedal and clutch pedal aren't at the same "height" as one another. Is this normal?
My wife refers to my 2a as "the project."

46 CJ2a Serial #48581 "Lil Pinch"
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2012 at 10:50pm
If i understand the question, the rod is threaded and its length is adjusted to give the clearance noted in the shop manual. The idea is to have no pressure against the master cylinder piston. The rod rests in a depression in the piston.
BOULDER 48 2A
Carlsjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2012 at 9:43pm
Adjust the length of the rod so that there is a small squirt coming up in the reservoir. If there is no squirt coming up shorten the rod until it starts squirting. If it is squirting lengthen the rod until it stops squirting and then shorten it to get a squirt. 
Life is only as good as you make it.
Pinchus34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinchus34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2012 at 2:15pm
Morning all,
I've tried to search through the forum for an answer but haven't found one yet about adjusting my brake pedal. I've got a new master, new "push-rod" and the whole system has been gone through. How do I adjust my "push-rod" to the proper length for good pedal travel. I realize that that is poorly put but I can't think of a better way to write it. Additionally, what holds the rod against the back on the master? Am I missing a piece or is it just the rubber boot?
My wife refers to my 2a as "the project."

46 CJ2a Serial #48581 "Lil Pinch"
 Post Reply Post Reply