Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cluth Adjustment Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:04am
gibster, Sean is telling you what your problem is. Apparently you have a mix of parts and until you get the right parts for your Jeep your going to continue to have problems. I thought all along that it was a parts issue in that you don't have the correct parts for your Jeep. You may not have a totally correct CJ2, it may be a mix of parts from several years and models.

You have to use the correct parts to make it work, period.
Life is only as good as you make it.
gibster4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibster4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:09am
Look - I do appreciate everyone's comments, ..and I am willing to consider anything.

These are great pictures depicting real bad problems - WOW!@?*

So my T/O bearing is in their right, and my Fork is not broke (Jeez - was that one bad)

(It even looks like the stay cable is in the fork rather than the adjustment cable.)

The picture of pressure is neat, that looks quite a bit different from mine.

Today I found a shop close buy that can redo the old clutch disc, and pressure plate, so I think I will have them done and put the original stuff back in.
JeepRoger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRoger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 4:00am
Gib... I know you've had a ton of input on this, but have you also checked the bottom of your clutch pedal lever (not the clutch pad and shaft) where it attaches to the clutch/brake shaft. There is a bolt and nut that tightens the pedal to the shaft as well as a key that keeps the clutch pedal lever from rotating on the shaft. If the key is broken or missing, or the bottom of the pedal lever broken or loose, the pedal lever can rotate on the shaft and not give you full throw. ...R
Roger in California
'46 CJ2A 38503
'47 CJ2A 142084
'46 T3C Bantam trailer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123