Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Original paint color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original paint color
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:14pm
I have read many threads on the different original colors of the CJ2A, however there seem to be confusion as to the real Pasture Green, Michigan Yellow, Autumn Yellow etc. Although a number of formulations are available on the forum  not all these paints are available in the all of the States and certainly not world wide.

The formulations I received turned out to be anything from British Racing Green to Olive Drab with a shine to it.

Would it be possible to create a library with the correct CJ2A colors painted on an +- envelope size of paper and make this available at a cost to all CJ2A persons restoring or repainting their Jeep.

Please add input or suggestions.

Regards

Adri
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:03pm
The problem is establishing the "norm" since everyone thinks that their Pasture Green is "spot on".

That being said, I have out on loan a tool box lid with the original Luzon Red on the underside.  With a little polishing compound it brightened right up.

So, I am all for a data cashe on paint colors if we can base it on genuine samples.  Of course, the underside of  tool box lids is an ideal source since they are transportable.  They could be mailed to the "keeper of the data base" who could then color match them to a modern color chip or take it to a paint shop with a color match computer and then return the part to its owner.

1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 3:11am
sort of like re-creating the color chip charts but using formulas that forum members had mixed locally?

Post Reply Post Reply