Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does Bracket, [brake] M/C to frame look like?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Bracket, [brake] M/C to frame look like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Bracket, [brake] M/C to frame look like?
    Posted: 18 June 2012 at 7:10pm
I mistakenly posted this in the Tech-FAQ section...oops. I'm reposting here in hopes of getting some response.

I've searched through various Willys Manuals (1945 Parts List, Mechanic's Manual, Operator's Manual), the forum posts and the online Parts Database and can't figure out the name or number of this part:

I had it coupled with the brake master cylinder and the brake M/C tie bar (A-1354) before I cleaned that stuff, but can't recall exactly what it connected to when on the CJ2A frame.  The orientation in the photo below may not be correct, though it was positioned at this hole in A-1354.

I am wondering if this little bar-like piece is part number A-1341, Bracket, master cylinder to frame? There is no image of this part in the parts database. I couldn't see anything that looks like this in a post dealing with the brake M/C tie bar:http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/part-identification_topic11542.html

It is off my 48. The M/C heat shield is missing entirely, but I understand that is not uncommon.  I'd like to be able to put a name on this and tag it so it can go into the to-be-sprayed-with-POR15 pile. Thoughts?

Edited by sibaropsis - 23 June 2012 at 7:10pm
Steve
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 7:37pm
Looks like an alien invader, not any original part I recognize.
BOULDER 48 2A
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 7:55pm
that looks like a flattened out wire or hose clip to me
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
sibaropsis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 10:57pm
I could buy flattened wire clip or hose clip, as the metal is pretty soft and bendable. I just looked at it again and it does look like it was hammered out flat in the middle. I'll have to look at photos taken early on in my dismantling to see if I can see this "bracket" and what it was holding.

If anybody does have a photo of part number A-1341, bracket, master cylinder to frame please post it so it can be added to the Parts Database.
Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 11:17pm
Well dang. I didn't take a photo from the correct angle to see that thing. D'oh!!!!
Steve
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by sibaropsis sibaropsis wrote:

...If anybody does have a photo of part number A-1341, bracket, master cylinder to frame please post it so it can be added to the Parts Database.
That's the frame bracket, welded to the frame C-channel.  Not likely to see an individual piece photo, unless someone has removed one from their frame.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 3:49pm
Thanks Sean. That's interesting. I just assumed that if a part has a part number, it is a physically separate piece, not something permanently affixed to another discrete part (e.g., frame).

So my mystery part is definitely of Bubba origin?
Steve
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 4:01pm

... I just assumed that if a part has a part number, it is a physically separate piece, not something permanently affixed to another discrete part (e.g., frame).
Yah, but if you look at the frame group, they listed many of the welded/riveted pieces separately, just in case a repair was needed.

In the MB/GPW parts lists, it's listed in the frame group.  Why they moved it to the brake group for CJ-2A is another Willy-nilly mystery. Confused

Quote ... So my mystery part is definitely of Bubba origin?
I'd say so, doesn't look like any standard part from anywhere on a 2A.

Sean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 7:11pm

OK Sean, just confirm, BRACKET, master cylinder to frame; part #A-1341 is this:

I see now that the various other brackets and such welded to the frame and are shown in the frame section of the parts manual. 

If my photos are indeed of part #A-1341, maybe one could be added to the Forum's online parts database, as there is currently no photo or illustration given for that part. I can take a better picture if desired. This one was with taken with my iphone, which as a camera leaves something to be desired in clarity.  Not sure if that is something you manage, Sean, or it is some other member's baby.

Again thanks to all who responded to my query.

Edited by sibaropsis - 23 June 2012 at 7:12pm
Steve
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 7:30pm
Any member may post in the Parts Project section.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 7:33pm
Sam, does that include the online Parts Database too? I thought that was somehow separate from this Forum's postings.
Steve
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 7:37pm
No, you are correct, the online Parts List was created by Sean and is maintained on his server by him.  I misunderstood your intent. Embarrassed

Edited by samcj2a - 20 June 2012 at 7:38pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 2:11pm

... just confirm, BRACKET, master cylinder to frame; part #A-1341 is this:..
Yep.

Quote ...If my photos are indeed of part #A-1341, maybe one could be added to the Forum's online parts database ...
I can do that.

Post Reply Post Reply