Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Floor Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcpcjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Floor Question
    Posted: 15 Oct. 2012 at 4:01pm
I'm putting in a new rear floor from Classic Enterprises. Does the front lip overlap or underlap the riser. Anyone got photos? Especially where the toolbox connects. Thanks for any assistance.
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2012 at 4:12pm
The rear floor overlaps the riser and the tool box lip is on top of the rear floor.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

hcpcjj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcpcjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2012 at 4:27pm
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.
hcpcjj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcpcjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2012 at 1:38pm
Follow up question. Can someone please post a photo of where the toolbox top meets the wheelhouse? It looks to me like the wheelhouse overlaps the riser, but how should the toolbox connect to the wheelhouse? Mine is completely rotted away in this area. Thanks.
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2012 at 1:45pm
The toolbox has a bent up lip that meets the contour of the wheelhouse.
BOULDER 48 2A
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2012 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by hcpcjj hcpcjj wrote:

Follow up question. Can someone please post a photo of where the toolbox top meets the wheelhouse? It looks to me like the wheelhouse overlaps the riser, but how should the toolbox connect to the wheelhouse? Mine is completely rotted away in this area. Thanks.
JJ,
I realize there may be some differences when comparing to a 3B, but here's an image of my toolbox with the rear deck. 

I also wanted to pass on some observations as I also have a CE rear deck installed.  While I haven't talked to Lamont in a while, at the time I ordered my deck these observations were correct - hopefully some of these have been added to the process. 

The slots that are for the front legs of your rear seat don't have the top plate.  There are no cut-outs for the rear legs either.  There also aren't any holes drilled for these front leg slots nor the indentations for the footman loops behind the rear seats.  The holes for the body mount bolts (Step Bolts) are round instead of square for the bolt shoulder. 

I understood his argument that some don't want these and could add them if wanted.  Personally, while I was impressed with the overall quality, I would have preferred it to be like the original so that there was less fabrication on my part.

I'd recommend holding on to your old rear deck to use as a template until all the add-ons (that you want) are done.  While you may not want them now, down the road you may.

Edited by Rus Curtis - 01 Nov. 2012 at 3:29pm
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
hcpcjj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcpcjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2012 at 6:06pm
My rear deck from CE had the front indentations for the footman loops, bid did not have the holes or top plates for the rear seat. I asked Lamont about the rear seat holes. He said he would drill the holes, but not the oval slot.
 Post Reply Post Reply