Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2A to MB Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stahlhelms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2A to MB Conversion
    Posted: 19 Oct. 2012 at 7:53pm
panels, handles, axe and shovel parts ordered...I will have to make a progress page under projects......
I am planning on removing the CJ bows when I do everything else.
I may have to ask Santa for bows, a rear seat, lights and the windshield.
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2012 at 2:50pm
Rocketeer bought replacement panels with the indents for the tools in them. Ron Fitzpatrick over on the g503 has them I think...............
Knock of the top bow brackets on your 2A. Get the grab handles as well.Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2012 at 1:45pm
I put the brackets and buckets under the 'lighting' budget.  I also need all the Black Out stuff, front and back.
They will have to wait as I'm doing all the body parts first. 
After looking at rocketeer's page, I see how he got the axe/shovel panels and hardware to work, so I think I am adding that to the list of things to do.
Other goals over the next few months are replacing the tailgate, patching the hole left by the side tire carrier and getting the grill and hood in place.... 
CMShrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMShrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2012 at 1:08am
You say you have the grill.. do you have the head light barckets/buckets also? They will be needed. along with the Black out marker lights.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 2:13pm
Here it is the way I got it... I am into the MB Hood, Grill and tailgate replacement section for $175 (not installed yet), so replacing the whole tub at this point is too expensive.
All the letters are stickers, and the cushions will work until I'm done everything else (they're duffle bags w/ pads inside). 
The remaining "major" expenses left are a new windshield, rear seat, top bows with hardware (I have the canvas roof), seat cushions and all the official lights.
Tires can wait until these need replacing.
I needed a step on the drivers side, and the panel w/ the ax/shovel slots come with a step, so I figured I might as well get the whole thing as long as it fits since it will only be an extra $60 over the step alone....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 1:43pm

Sorry...meant to say I have the rear section to replace the tailgate.

my-dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my-dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 12:25pm

This is how rocketeer a member on this forum did it. go to his profile page he has more pictures  . D&L Bensinger has a the side panel you need. its the one I will be using on my 49

Glenn
46 Cj2a #68937
48 Cj2a #175990
49 Cj3a #23116
46 Bantam T3-c #9731
4) m923a2 military 5 ton trucks & lots of trailers ....
1 very understanding wife ....

&nbs
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 12:13pm
If you want to do it all it once here is the kit.

https://www.dlbensinger.com/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=96&osCsid=3d1050f6b12e1efde0fd3112eb351cd7

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 3:19am
MB has no tailgate.  Early 46 2A,s had the tool indents and did not interfere with the gas cap.  don't know about the tools themselves.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2012 at 2:11am
New to the forum and new to owning a jeep.  I am slowing changing the look from CJ to MB.  I have an MB hood, grill and tailgate.  The current windshield is more bondo than metal, so getting an MB windshield will be next.
I am going to leave the gas tank the way it is and hang a bag in front of it for parades and re-enacting.
Has anybody replaced the side panels to include the ax/shovel grooves?  Does the gas tank get in the way of the groves and/ or ax/shovel brackets? From pictures, it looks like the handle of the shovel and the ax blade will be right where the gas cap is.
Also, does anybody have pictures of where all the brackets for the rear seat need to be?
Thanks, Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply