Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2" hitch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2" hitch
    Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 5:15pm
Ok.
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by 3-48s 3-48s wrote:

Luke,
I have an old Fulton Hitch I believe is for a 2" ball. Art C. has first dibs on it but if he does not take it you are next on the list if you are interested. I will contact Art to see if he is still interested.

As I said "I would contact Art" and I did and he has taken the Hitch.
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2013 at 11:13pm
Will you email me a few pictures ?
46 2a
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2013 at 10:14pm
Luke,
I have an old Fulton Hitch I believe is for a 2" ball. Art C. has first dibs on it but if he does not take it you are next on the list if you are interested. I will contact Art to see if he is still interested.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2013 at 3:23am

Schimms,

Originally posted by Schimms15 Schimms15 wrote:

Does anyone know a way to get or keep the original hitch on this and have it accept a 2"ball.

Not that I'm aware of.  The hitch has a cavity large enough to accept the ball it was designed for.  It would take a large sledge hammer and a lot of force to get a 1 7/8" hitch to go around a 2" ball.  It would also ruin at least one of many things in your tow system.

Quote Is there a replacement or anything to make this have a 2" ball and still look pretty original? 

There are options.  You could buy a 2" coupler to temporarily replace your stock one:

and keep the original safe in a box along with your other valuable parts.  You could also purchase a multi ball hitch for your tow vehicle:

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Ball_Mounts-sf-Multi~Ball_Mount.aspx

or get a interchangeable ball type for your tow vehicle:

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Balls-sf-Hitch_Ball-pt-Interchangeable_Ball_Set.aspx

I use this second option as I also have a flatbed that has a 2" and want to switch to the 1 7/8" if I choose to tow the Bantam.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
dmeyerrph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmeyerrph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2013 at 3:16am
Fulton makes a 2 inch handwheel that would be close but you would have to modify it to fit.

Dave - Retired LTC USAR
T3-C SN 2524
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
M1 Garand
30-40 Krag

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_) <
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 10:18pm
i have spent some time on the search here but cant find anything. Does anyone know a way to get or keep the original hitch on this and have it accept a 2"ball. The reason is all of our trailers are 2" balls we made sure of that so we only need 1 ball for each car and so that everything can pull anything. Is there a replacement or anything to make this have a 2" ball and still look pretty original? 
46 2a
 Post Reply Post Reply