Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emergency brake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency brake
    Posted: 17 Aug. 2013 at 12:44pm
Where can I find a handle and assembly for my dash mounted emergency brake located on the dash of my 47 cj 2a??  Cannot find it in Kaiser or on line!!
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2013 at 2:28pm
Galter,
As you shop around and collect more vendor links you will find some carry items that others don't.  You''ll also find that sometimes you need to type in a different phrase in order for the "search' function to work.  

Walck's carries the cable, handle and most of the hardware.

Just type in "Hand Brake" to find them (perhaps Kaiser has them listed this way).

The one thing I don't like about Walck's cable is its non-authentic appearance.  I've noticed some of the military vendors have a more authentic cable that looks original.  The down side there is the handle is olive drab vs. the chrome looking handle I've seen on most civvies.

Also, if you don't much care for it to look new, you can go original used from salvage vendors like Harry Sheets.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
galter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2013 at 2:49pm

Thanks, what a big help!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post Reply Post Reply