Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Color Tours 2014! - Event Date: 22 Sep. 2014 - 27 Sep. 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 7:09pm
And here I was afraid people would complain that I went TOO slow!    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 7:07pm
need tires, a top, and a battery. I'm hoping to be there, but money is tight. If we make it, there'll be four of us. Do we need to pitch in funds?
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 12:17am
Dang Mike! Looks like you will have lots of new faces this year!!! A fun time to be had by all!!!!

Wish we could be there in person this year.......:(

Gary

51 CJ-3A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 5:55pm
LesBerg, 
This is a no-fee opportunity for you and everyone else. Your expenses are just what you need for food and fuel and lodging.  If you camp out at the ranch, then lodging is free.  We do accept donations, but don't ask for them.  Only thing we charge for is the hats.  

If I charged to guide the tours, then I would need to get a Forest Service permit because I'd be making money using the Forest.  Then they could influence/direct where I could take you all.  If it's all free, then I can make all the decisions and we are free to go anywhere the road is open.  I prefer that circumstance. 

gmcjr, we wish you could come back too.  Stay tuned to see what you'll be missing. 

Hey Bruce, did you install your fuel line blow tube yet?  Or did you get your tank cleaned out??  I can relate to you.  I had the same problem with the Mule yesterday on our ride up in 4-Mile.  Tonight I'm pulling the filter out of the gas tank to see what's going on with my intake.

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 9:22pm
I haven't done anything yet. I plan to siphon the fuel out thru a good-sized hose and run it thru a paint strainer. If I don't catch something that looks like a culprit, I'll pour the strained gas back in and do it again. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 12:52am
Bruce, we need a rest from time to time, so don't fix anything. Wink That would also give me time to catch up. I though I was average to good, but you make me feel unexperienced. I love to trail with you! So does Hulett.  Demsey  my 49 CJ3A will meet  Uncle Linden this time. This is going to be a event I will remember. I hope to entertain a good run for you here next June again.  John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 2:27am
Thanks Mike!! You can bet I'll stay tuned. I'm wish we could come.....With a baby on the way, I just don't foresee it. Now after a new set of rings and valve work last winter, I could give y'all run for your money!

Then again, I'll just break down again, lol!

Edited by gmcjr - 29 July 2014 at 4:29am
Gary

51 CJ-3A
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 3:58am
Sounds good, 38mike. I'm going to have to play it by ear -  I just discovered that a very large portion of my drive line noise is a loose output shaft on the transfer case. Gonna have to crack open the books...
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 3:37am
Mike, please get me three hats. I am hoping my son and nephew will join me for the last part of the week. I will be showing up the day the gate is opening. Got to finally check out the hubs Bruce sold me last summer this weekend on South a Padre Island . Tank of gas in loose sand, they work, 55 mph an no shimmy, I am ready to come back to CO.

Jamie Powers
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
1943 ford gpw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1943 ford gpw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 7:05pm
Well I was really hoping to make it out this year with the family but looks like I have some pre deployment training set for around that time so not sure if we will make it out this year. Will confirm when the time gets closer.
1941 Dodge wc12
1942 script gpw
1942 gpw/mb
1942 mb
1945 Ford GPW
1951 Navy m38
1951 m38
1952 M38a1
1954 m38a1
1962 M151
1962 dodge m43
1964 m416

Carsandguns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carsandguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2014 at 3:51am
Steve (kansascat) and I along with our family and a few friends had a great time running a couple trails with Mike last week. Making it out to that part of the country should be on everyone's bucket list. Absolutely beautiful country and Mike was an awesome guide.
Even my wife that prefers the beach over the Jeep was saying on the way home that I need to get my Willys finished so we can join the fall colors tour next year.

She made a short video but we will make a better one later when we get the GoPro pictures downloaded.
http://flipagram.com/f/GRJzOKupfi
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2014 at 4:12am
Ill second that. It was a real pleasure having Mike join us for 2 of the days and Jack for the one day. Jeepin in colorado is always great fun especially with great people to do it with. Id like nothing more than to be able to come back out for the cffc tour next month and get to meet more of the fine folks on here. Am looking forward to seeing the pics and you all have fun.
So many projects and so little time.
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2014 at 7:20pm
Mike:

Please put me down for one Colorado Fall Color Tour 2014 hat in the color of your choice.  Thanks! Smile
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

jet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2014 at 11:58am
42 days till I head out. Woooo hoooo. Can't wait.
2010 2 door jk,
46 Willys aka "Big Bird".
Dave
wyowillys46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyowillys46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2014 at 3:33pm
I was going to say I'll be there, but I'm on call that whole week down in Denver. So probably no 2014 Fall Colors Tour for me.Cry
1946 #27869

Take a look at my webpage:

<a href="http://wyowillys46.awardspace.com">Wyowillys46</a>
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2014 at 1:58am
Mike we will try and roll in to your place on the evening of the 21'st.  We will be coming down 285 from Conifer, my brother lives in Evergreen.  We must stop there for a short visit.  Will be staying in our popup camper.  Thanks for this opportunity.  64CJ5  Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2014 at 10:14pm
Mike,
Looks like Frankie and I will be there.  I will be back from liberating France and Belgium for the 2nd time as a member of the 41st Armored Infantry, 2nd Armored Division.  120 miles in a half track.  That should make the jeep ride feel smooth as glass!  Put me down for a hat too.
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2014 at 2:40am
Alice, Kayley and I will be there as well. Looking forward to seeing a few of you at the summer reunion next week. We would like 3 hats if there is enough to go around. Thanks Mike, looking forward to being there.

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>