Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

46 CJ2A 112207

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2014 at 9:10pm
nice project....

if your numbers (112207) are correct, you have a 1947, not a 1946 :)

good luck with it !!!!
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by SSGmonte SSGmonte wrote:

also is there anyone who is restoring or has resotred in the MN are? I'm in Anoka just north of the citys. Curious if anyone is close by that I can get ahold of when I'm beond stumped like with the lugs. Thanks guys

First of all, thank you for your service.

My Dad and I have been messing with jeeps for over 10 years. We presently have 2 47's, it looks like your S/N falls right between them. While we have not tackled a full restoration yet, we have done a fair amount of mechanical work and can try to help you out if you are in a jam. We are down closer to St. Paul. Also you are fortunate to be close (relatively speaking) to a legendary jeep guru, Louie Larson who also is on this list as Gopher4x4. In addition to the wealth of knowledge he has, he has parts for sale from time to time and was a big help to us last year as we went through an engine rebuild.

I can be hit or miss on this board sometimes so feel free to send me a PM if you want my contact info.

David "Frenchy" French

CJ2A "Speeder" #92440

CJ2A "Tabor" #120378
SSGmonte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSGmonte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2015 at 3:56pm
Ok it's been a while again but this time it's because I'm preping for my child to be born. So an update I have sent the frame to my uncles body shop and he has sandblasted the frame and primed and painted it black along with the rims, will post a picture when I get it back. Yesterday I took the transmission and started trying to clean it. Question is there a better way to clean off 70 years of crud? Right now I have a shallow tub with 50% parts wash and 50% water and using a couple different scrub brushes and a flat head screw driver. I was debating buying a pump washer thinking the pressure will help clean items.

So before I sent the frame off for beautification, I purchased the V bracket since the original was cut off and when I got it. I then noticed that my frame itself was cut short on both sides just past the curve and the rear cross member was welded to the frame. Not sure what possible reason bubba would do this, but very aggravating! So my question is does anyone know where I can get some frame? I need the last foot (roughly) and probably the rear crossmember. I thought I saw a company that sold them but can't find is here I saw them again, or does someone have a parts jeep they would be willing to help me?

So like I said in prior messages I am in MN just north of Minneapolis. I want to have someone go threw my engine and A boil it to clean the ports out from rusted old fuel and to make sure the engine is in running shape or replace what needs to be done. And this is not work I feel I can do. Does anyone near me do this or do you have recommendations for someone you have worked with in the past?
plowpusher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plowpusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2015 at 6:38pm
I'm just a short ways from you in Lino Lakes you can PM me for more contact information. I have a 47 and 48 that are running shape and a 48 parts donor/maybe mod platform I have all the stuff you may need to go back to 6 volt. And quite a few other parts.As  For engine work the guys at Northern cylinder heads in Andover on round lake blvd seem to be verey good people to work with. I may have a line on a frame too.

when i grow up i wanna be a kid
SSGmonte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSGmonte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2015 at 1:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12