Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Fender Day on White River - Event Date: 30 Aug. 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cbeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Flat Fender Day on White River
    Posted: 13 July 2014 at 1:22pm
Indiana Flat Fender Gathering will be hosted by the Monroe County 4x4 Club on August 30, on their Club owned property located along the bank of the White River near Spencer, Indiana. This all day event will feature a Flat Fender show and tell with several examples of restored CJ2A Willies in the Club, as well as provide opportunity to see these early Jeeps in action on the Club's trail. This free event is open to any persons interested in the history and preservation of Flat Fenders, and you are encouraged to bring your 4x4 and participate in this family day along the banks of the White River. Gate opens 10:00am, with Flat Fender line up 2:00pm, and Club hosted free dinner 6:00pm.   If you want to stay over night, free primitive camping is available on the Club property, with nearest hotels in Spencer or Bloomington. RSVP requested for free hosted dinner so adequate food can be prepared (PM or personal email beekerinc@gmail.com).
Charlie
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 2:08pm
Thanks for putting this together, Thumbs Up I'm In.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 3:13pm
I'm in!
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2014 at 3:26am

Great Day on the White River! Thumbs Up Believe there were a total of 7 Willys jeeps at the Morgan
County 4X4 Club and as shown above Jim Wilson (better known as WeeWilly to most here)
won the prize for most authentic restoration.

A little tire-kicking, tech-talk, comparison & inspection on the line just before start of
the convoy around the Club grounds. Our sincere thanks to CBeeker and the crew for
a great visit, their friendship and some great chow! I'll let the other guys jump in to
fill you in on more of the details and those in attendance.
Hope we all can get together again real soon. Big smile

(I don't know how to load the video here like jpet does his reports but it s up on my webpage)

Edited by BENSH - 31 Aug. 2014 at 5:42am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2014 at 9:42pm
It was fun.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2014 at 10:45pm
Dangit, I saw this too late! I didn't know there was a Flat Fender club in Indiana. Are you guys planning anything else for the year? I'm up here in Shipshewana.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

Dangit, I saw this too late! I didn't know there was a Flat Fender club in Indiana. Are you guys planning anything else for the year? I'm up here in Shipshewana.

Nick, we are not a formal club, just started out and have a short list of Hoosiers from the page that have gotten together a couple times. We are leaning towards our own version of fall colors tour since we can't make it to Co. will have to settle for Brown County, state park area, back roads, Nashville, maybe even back to the Monroe Co, Club since they have invited us in spite of our first appearance. If you want on our mailing/Buddy List PM me via the page with eMail & cell. If you have not used the PM yet just click on my screen name and it will go to my profile and ask if you want to send me a private message…
or just answer mine.

Edited by BENSH - 01 Sep. 2014 at 2:19am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 5:02am
   What a good time and a bunch of nice  guys and gals to spend the day and chat with.  Charlie Beeker here from the page and is also a member of the Monroe County 4X4 club did a fine job of getting this together and making everyone feel welcomed.  I was humbled when the Monroe County 4X4 Club presented me with an award. It was a complete surprise and  I will cherish the Willys Jeep Mechaniics manual and early Jeep add.  I believe I can speak for all and say that we had great day at the Monroe County 4X4 Club.  Looking toward the next gathering in October.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 10:27pm
I second that!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 12:09am
  " ....we are not a formal club....."  That's the way to do it!Thumbs UpClap     BW

Edited by Bruce W - 02 Sep. 2014 at 12:12am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 2:25am
Thanks for you comment Bruce., I know the guys would welcome you - or anyone else who wants to just show up and kick back with us any time. I hope we get back to the Monroe Club soon, our kind of people.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply