Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A good day....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A good day....
    Posted: 22 July 2014 at 4:15pm

W.C. Handy Music Festival 2014 Car Show.....

Nice day despite the chance of impending rain. Nice, cool overcast day...perfect car show weather for July.

My door prize ticket paid off with winning a new Multimeter..(now just need to get good with one of those three that I own)LOL.......although my chances of winning the half of the 50/50 pot didn't pay as well.

We did good though...."Pre-'84 Modified Best Of Show" Big smile

Was pretty surprised with that, going on the number of vehicles that I thought would have been in the catagory.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 4:21pm
Clap Way to go.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 4:25pm
Congrats Man! Bring that trophy to the reunion!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 4:57pm
Nice Going Chad! Hope to see you at the Summer Reunion. Ditto on the trophy.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 6:57pm
I'm planning on being there but as for the trophy I think I can make better use of my space and load up some pieces of rusty metal. ......and maybe some winter clothes.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 7:04pm
Congrats chad! Thumbs Up

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
HillBillE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HillBillE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:00pm
Awesome! and Congrats!!

Always loved that 2A truck you built.

5 Jeeps, 4 HAM radios, and not enough things that go 'BANG!' (no, not hammers!)

N1CJP

'47 CJ2A #112146

'46 CJ2A #23754

'52 CJ3A #452-GB1-10197
Luke_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:20pm
How was the entertainment for the festival this year?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:47pm
Still going on.....been out every night. Didn't ever get to do that before because of work so this has really been fun.

Started it off with the highlight on the first day so far.....Duane Allman's daughter has a new book out about what it's like being the daughter of a legend that died when she was two......never getting to know him and only knowing what generally is written... and that is music history.

She wanted to explore the more personal, non musician side in her book.

She had a meet and greet book signing, reading and music by a friend here in town, Scott Boyer (of the Decoys) who was in the band Cowboy who opened alot of shows for the Allmans and knew Gregg and Duane pretty well.

One of the neater aspects of the night was that they opened up the original Muscle Shoals Sound building at 3614 Jackson Highway for the event.

Lots a good mojo in that building.   

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Luke_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 11:44pm
Yeah I got to go into that building a few times while I was at UNA and the guy that owned it at the time almost let me intern there but changed his mind a couple months before hand which sent me up to Nashville instead went out on tour I think with someone.  I'm not sure if it's the same owner but he apparently went through and restored what equipment was still on sight and then went out and bought up the same model # equipment as what was in inventory in the late 60s and 70s.  This was all in an effort to reproduce the "sound" of the place (kind of what they try to do for Sun studios in Memphis).  He could record it into and through all the old equipment and then feed it into the modern computer aided software for editing and mastering.  Pretty sweet setup and from the sampling I heard was a great place to record.

I saw the reading event pop up on my facebook feed and would've loved to have gone, but just trying to save up for a class in the fall.  Glad it was as good as I'd have hoped.

Where was the car show held?
 Post Reply Post Reply