Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identify Top Bows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danl01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify Top Bows
    Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 5:44pm
Can anyone identify which model these bows belong on ?  They came with a mix of extra parts included with my '48 CJ2A, but appear to be for a GPW or MB ?  

autolite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 6:16pm
They look like after market top bows to me. Possible K-Line or Witco manufacture. Certainly not OEM type.
willys jeep
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 7:01pm
Are they hinged and are they they same length? It's hard to tell but the pic if they stacked right up to each other or if they are hinged and opend up. What do the ends look like?
danl01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danl01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 7:20pm
bretto,

Sorry, it's not a very good pic, but the two bows are not the same length, one is about 2 inches shorter than the other.  The legs are attached to 2 flat bottom brackets with sides rising an inch or so on each side of the bracket. The flat bottoms of the brackets each have 2 holes for screws or bolts to attach the whole assembly to the jeep. The sides of the legs are covered with some type of naugahyde.
johnnybravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnybravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 12:33am
I think I have a set like those.  Let you have them really cheap. 
Ret. USAR-Vet, 6-GPW's,, 1-M38 w/M-100, 1-47 WO "Jeep" 4X2 Wagon, several ruff CJ2&3A's, 1-CJ3B,
autolite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 2:01am
Now by your description, they were made by K-line manufacturing of Longmont, Colorado. They made jeep top's thru the 90's.
willys jeep
flattiesrule View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flattiesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 1:02pm
Yes, Kayline. They loook exactly like the bows on my flattie that's currently sporting a Kayline top.

'47 cj2a
'76 cj7
'01 cherokee sport
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 5:59pm
my '75 cj5 had that same rod set...way back then. it was a factory installed whitco top.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

danl01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danl01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 12:13am
Thanks guys !
 Post Reply Post Reply