Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is this thing mounted between my seats?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by johnnybravo johnnybravo wrote:

(lol) I know SP.  Used to get them placed on tray in the mess hall on Fri. at 1700 hrs.  Line up at O dark thirty Mon. morning for stabbing with the big bore needle.  I thnk it was SOP with the fifty mile pass. Some of those guys were married and their wifes had arrived for the weekend.  No matter, the went too. 

Officers and WO's were expected to purchase their own at the PX or face a one-time, one million units of ice cold penicillin in the right buttock for "Non-Specific-Urethritis". Or so I've heard. Lots of finger indentations, like custom grips, in the two vertical posts on either side of the p'er latrine. Excruciating. Or so I've heard.Wink
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by dschroff dschroff wrote:

Pretty sure they weren't designed to carry that Mosin Nagant Wink

What Mosin Nagant?
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by scoutpilot scoutpilot wrote:

Looks like a good fit. Don't forget the small plastic bag on the muzzle.
Hmmmm.  Preferably the dry ones. 
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 4:41am
Great graphic by Rocketeer.

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 1:44pm
Bretto, yours looks repaired! LOL I have good eyes huh? John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Bretto, yours looks repaired! LOL I have good eyes huh? John

SHHHH! Only you know!
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2014 at 2:05am
Originally posted by scoutpilot scoutpilot wrote:

Originally posted by johnnybravo johnnybravo wrote:

(lol) I know SP.  Used to get them placed on tray in the mess hall on Fri. at 1700 hrs.  Line up at O dark thirty Mon. morning for stabbing with the big bore needle.  I thnk it was SOP with the fifty mile pass. Some of those guys were married and their wifes had arrived for the weekend.  No matter, the went too. 

Officers and WO's were expected to purchase their own at the PX or face a one-time, one million units of ice cold penicillin in the right buttock for "Non-Specific-Urethritis". Or so I've heard. Lots of finger indentations, like custom grips, in the two vertical posts on either side of the p'er latrine. Excruciating. Or so I've heard.Wink

In-grown toe nails and "the drip" were very frowned upon and gentlemen were supposed to know better. I used to warm the milk in hot water for em, but it costs more - off the record…
Nice rack though, how well does the M1 Carbine fit or are there other options.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
surveypunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surveypunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2014 at 2:06pm
I tried my carbine in mine. It will NOT fit with the stock mounted magazine pouch. Does fit without it, but as the forward spring rests directly on the barrel instead of the bulkier forestock of the other weapons it would rattle around a bunch.

JB
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by surveypunk surveypunk wrote:

I tried my carbine in mine. It will NOT fit with the stock mounted magazine pouch. Does fit without it, but as the forward spring rests directly on the barrel instead of the bulkier forestock of the other weapons it would rattle around a bunch.

JB

Good to know, thanks.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12