Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosiers; Brown County Colors Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2014 at 11:38pm
Good news! The 25th is the weekend I have off from school activities, and Thursday/Friday I have the days off for fall recess Wink My girlfriend is going to visit Ball State that day, and my Jeep isn't going to be registered by then. I talked to my grandpa and he said he'd love to go. We're going to trailer his blue '3A down since it's about 3.5 hours from Shipshewana. I love taking video of all the events I go to, so I'd make a neat little video of the ride. It's going to be fun to meet some Hoosierwillys Big smile If anyone needs some parts I have in my Craigslist ad, feel free to ask about them because that's perfect for shipping. If anyone has some spare screw shifter nobs or boots, I'm in need.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2014 at 2:45am
  That is great news Nick,  looking forward to meeting you all.  What type boots are you using rubber or leather?

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2014 at 1:34pm
That’s great Nick. We will look forward to meeting you both. Can you post a link for your CL ad here on the page? With any luck the new date may work out better for some of the other Hoosiers too. Dont forget your camera! Maybe we can think of something special to do to celebrate your graduation, getting stuck in the mud or something memorable like that.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2014 at 4:27pm
I'm not graduating high school until June, so a celebration would be a little premature My grandpa and I are excited to meet some fellow Jeepers! Is Brown County full of backroads? I read in the first post we might stop in Nashville, that would be pretty neat.

Ad:http://southbend.craigslist.org/pts/4642272146.html
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2014 at 7:01pm
O.K. Nick, so we’ll just have to get you back here next spring, I’m sure the guys can plan something out by then. I think it’s great that your grandpa will be coming along with you. Brown County is full of back or county roads. Most have been paved by now but we’ll still probably still find a couple gravel roads - and we’ll just have to look for more. I think Nashville is part of the plan for the afternoon, maybe a late lunch in town, a little window shopping to let lunch settle, then a little more trail dust.

Edited by BENSH - 18 Oct. 2014 at 7:08pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2014 at 7:14pm
Hey i went to ball state i can answer your questions!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2014 at 3:44pm
About the boots, I'm not sure what will work for my 3A. I'm doing the MB look eventually if that helps, but I don't mind too much.

Nashville sounds like fun, I've never been there. We're going in style

I'm going to IU, my girlfriend wants to go to Ball State. My plans are business administration, and she wants to study wild animals.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2014 at 7:52pm
Being military you will probably want to go with leather.  I have a transfer case leather boot I will bring down when we meet for the road trip.

Jim
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2014 at 12:11am
Thanks Jim!

What time are we going to meet up Saturday morning?
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2014 at 12:11am
Thanks Jim!

What time are we going to meet up Saturday?
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2014 at 2:36am
Around 9:00 AM at Russ' (BENSH) house. PM him and he will give directions.

Jim
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 11:52pm
Greetings All! The weather report today calls for low 70’s and 10% chance of rain Saturday 10/25, and all systems are a go. No rain called for Friday or Sunday so we are gonna have great conditions. Some are gonna come in Friday night to avoid an early morning drive so I’m thinking about lighting a bonfire down on the creek. I have a brush pile down on the edge of the field and the crops are in so I’m gonna light it about 1700hrs and let it burn down over several hours. It’s a good place to run your jeep back there so you can take your lawn chairs and coolers if you got them. It’s a bring-your-own affair so if you want brats, dogs, smoars or whatever - you better bring it. I do have a couple store bought sticks, but were in the woods…

We’ll try to make arrangements for staying over for those who show up. There are a couple hotels down near Edinburgh at the I 65 Taylorsville exit, which is not far from here.  Camp Atterbury is closer by and the Johnson County Park has primitive camping available there. You can leave your trailers, jeep or tow vehicle here overnight if you want.

We’ll gather in the morning here at the house Saturday about 0900hrs. I got some coco and a can of coffee if anyone knows how to make it, I got a machine. I’m not cooking breakfast, to much work to feed everyone, but there is a gas station just south of the house right on SR135 called Joes Junction. They will have biscuits & gravy and all the other stuff hot and ready - and a lot better than I could cook so you’re better off anyway. There is a little bakery across the side street from Joes and that might have hot doughnuts.

We’ll leave the house when everyone is ready, I have a trail map made out and will include a stop at the Apple Works before heading down the wooly-boogers. Will spend a couple hours riding down to the Brown County State Park. The group can decide if entering the Park and driving around the paved roads is of interest, or head on in to Nashville for a late lunch, it will probably be around 1330hrs. by then. The park and Nashville will be busy and full of tourist. 2 - 3 hours with lunch and window shopping will probably be enough for everyone before heading north, perhaps a little deviation along the route. I figure we’ll end up back at the house around 1700hrs. I have put out an eMail to those I anticipate having a chance to attend. If anyone else is interested PM me your eMail and I will forward to you. Looking forward to a great day!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 12:31am
Sounds good!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 1:22am
It looks like we'll get down there sometime Friday, tomorrow I will have more details.
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 1:08am
Hey bensh if i bring my tent can i just sleep in your backyard?
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 2:48am
Everybody coming let me know what time I can expect you to pull in the driveway and weather I should light that fire or not. If I can’t find a piece of floor for you to crash on at the house Cody (my black lab) said he’d help keep you warm and cozy in your sleeping bag down by the creek!

Weather Update: Just watched the local report and they are saying 64 degrees by noon and 70 by 1600. Lots of sunshine Saturday and the heavy frost we had last night should make for the colors of fall, and blue sky really P0P Thumbs Up

Edited by BENSH - 24 Oct. 2014 at 3:51am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 1:23pm
Sorry folks one of our neighbors passed and I will be at a memorial service Saturday!
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2014 at 1:59am
What a great day for a ride through the countryside with friends.
A little rough start; cloudy, broke my jeep in the first fifteen minutes,
Cody said he wasn't going riding with me and was glad. Otherwise, see for yourself,

Edited by BENSH - 26 Oct. 2014 at 2:02am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>