Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ouray Colorado group trail ride week 7-25-15 - Event Date: 25 July 2015 - 01 Aug. 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2015 at 5:29pm
  Jeff dropped me a link to this! This might just fit into our schedule as long as I can fund both this trip and Fall colors.

The family and I lived a hour or two from the Black bear area in Pagosa Springs for awhile enjoyed the views ect and wanted to do some of these trails but my jeep was in pieces at the time! So nothing like the present to wipe this trail from my list.

I will also drop Wallie a note on this trip he might be intrested in going as well. He an I grew up 4 wheeling out of Denver, huge difference in the trails from the 70s to now as far as usage goes, but all things change lol. So keep us in mind as a strong possibility to join you all if thats ok?

Dennis, Alice and Kayley

kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2015 at 6:28am
Dmac, sounds good. If or when you or jeff or others get to a point of being pretty sure thing on joining this adventure let me know as we have a private face bok page for the group that's going where we discuss it and just general bs back and fourth with each other its a fun way to get aquainted with each other prior to arriving in ouray, and keeps everyone up to speed in plans, as well as info on who and what is happening. Where we are staying at etc.
So many projects and so little time.
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2015 at 2:39pm
Just wanted to let jpet and any others who were thinking they might join us for the later part of the week only' the group moved the train ride in durango up to Tuesday so Wednesday thru Friday will be all trail adventures including black bear pass. Lookig like our lil group has picked up a few more new people and rigs. Can't wait, this is going to be great.
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2015 at 4:13am
Our group of jeepers had a meet and greet dinner so a few of the new people could meet the rest of us in person. I was very surprised at the turnout. We had 27 people show up for it with one family coming down from nebraska and one family came up from Dallas texas. Our little facebook jeep group of colorado adventurers has grown since two years ago it was just me andmy son and Wilbur our willys. Everyone is getting excited to be in Ouray for whats bound to be a fabulous week of jeeping in the mountains. We have everything from cj2as up to 2014 JKs with a few foreign made rigs and a few ATVs coming.
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 6:33am
Just a month and a few days till beautiful Ouray and Black bear pass among others. Our group is counting down the days and working on final preparations to our jeeps. Been so hot and humid and wet this spring, i am sure ready for some cool mountain air. Still have a bed or two avail if anyone else wants to join in.
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 2:39pm
Jpet annd Sonnoblast77, if you guys have face book and want to be added to our groups private page let me know. Its just a place where we all have a good time sharing things with each other and also where we discuss the up coming trip. Good way to start to get to know the group and for them to get to know you guys as well. We are all very happy to have you guys joining us in a few weeks in Ouray. Counting down the days now.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 5:38pm
I don't have a Facebook,...... other than the 2A page.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
1943 ford gpw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1943 ford gpw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 5:30am
Man it would be fun to tag along with you guys. Ouray is my neck of the woods. The videos are bringing back good memories. Post lost of pictures of your jeep ride. Take care
1941 Dodge wc12
1942 script gpw
1942 gpw/mb
1942 mb
1945 Ford GPW
1951 Navy m38
1951 m38
1952 M38a1
1954 m38a1
1962 M151
1962 dodge m43
1964 m416

kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2015 at 4:19am
Originally posted by 1943 ford gpw 1943 ford gpw wrote:

Man it would be fun to tag along with you guys. Ouray is my neck of the woods. The videos are bringing back good memories. Post lost of pictures of your jeep ride. Take care

No time like the present....join us.
Dave Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 2:09am
Okay - here it is... Day 1! We're watching!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 1:49am
Speaking for our group, we won't be there till Tuesday evening.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 2:26pm
We arrived saturday evening and got unloaded and settled into our town house. Sunday morning was spent relaxing a bit from the two days drive out and getting things gathered and ready for the trails. We headed out just before noon to do a easy warm up and check things out trail that starts right here in Ouray. Its name is Yankee Boy Trail. Most of it was real easy as it is a still used mining road, but up towards the top past the mines it became more of a 4wd jeep trail with a few slightly challenging spots. The scenery here is wonderful. The mountains here seem to me to be even more rugged and rocky with lots more tall sheer rock faces than back around the taylor park area. My sons atv was not jetted quiet right so we turned around at almost 12000' and came back to the house so he could re jet it then went back up to test it out just before dinner time and dark. My wife decided to drive our Samurai this time also and she did great for her firt time mountain off road driving. Today, Monday, we plan to head down to cork screw and california and placer trails as they are also good rather east trails to get the new guys some more practice before we start into the more challenging trails. Pics to come when i get them off the phone and onto the computer.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 10:32pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 1:57pm
We just got in yesterday evening so we are a little late to the party but here are some shots I took of Ouray yesterday:

..... didn't see any chipmunks but I did see more than one flatty:

....... this one has Mississippi plates. Anyone from the page?

Lots of round fenders and lots of mountains that tower over head and look like a vertical stone field. As usual the pics are an insult to their beauty:

Saw one or two scruffy characters along the sidewalk:

...... just beautiful

Today the talk is to do the entire Alpine Loop. Taking Engineer Pass up and coming back on Cinnamon Pass. Stand by for more news.

Edited by jpet - 29 July 2015 at 2:01pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 3:55am
Beautiful!............... and standing by for more

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 6:42am
Ok. I took a ton of photos and videos but it is going to take some time to sort through it all. We were off-road in an excess of 10 hours today!   Here are a few shots to tide you over:

..... more
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 6:54am

..... Honestly, these trails were unbelievable!   I have never had so much fun. This landscape is as beautiful as anything you have ever seen. Those who are familiar with the final climb to Princeton, well we did that for long distance in several places. We did Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, California Pass, hurricane Pass, Corkscrew Pass..... I'm sure there are more but I can say that everything was awesome in beauty and fun in challenge. We even had snow fights.

More to come ....
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 6:58am

.... more
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>